Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I find out that the new entry in the boot menu of the computer when I plug in the USB, seems not to be the USB Key but my hard drive with Windows !!!
That's really weird and I really don't know what to do !

Thanks again,
Kévin

I kept having this issue as well and I resolved it by following this guide and formatting the usb key with MBR file system.

Just wanna say a big thank you to the OP and all whose work he brought together and built upon. I followed this guide except for 2 things and my 4k 9560 is working almost perfectly without needing to do any fiddling around with kexts.

I wanted to try this out but didn't want to lose my windows install so I googled how to do that. I had converted from raid to ahci a while back without data loss but needed to also convert my drive from MBR to GPT. I found a guide online and it worked without data loss. I then had to shrink my windows partition to make room for the hackintosh partition and I found a guide to enable me to do that as well. I had to follow the guide in the post above to get my usb drive with Mojave installer to show up as bootable too. I then followed the guide in this thread except for how to make clover work after installing Mojave without needing the usb drive plugged in. I'm typing this from my phone but I'll update this post when I get home with links to all the guides I used. But just wanna say thanks!

I installed mojave hackintosh on my external SSD connected via USB C, but i can't boot from it. i always need the usb with clover installed. I installed Clover EFI with the clover software in the ssd (selecting UEFI). I also tried to enable Legacy Mode in the BIOS, but no options.
The only option in the boot menu related to mac os is "Mac OS X" but it bring me to the Dell device support scan.
What i do wrong?

Hello. I have questions.
dell xps 9560. (fhd, i5-7300hq, 32gb ram, SSD 970 evo 500gb, 97whr)

Should I change my wi-fi card to another one? if Yes, which one?

For anybody that wants to try, i have OpenCore 0.0.3 working for Dell XPS 9560 to boot MacOS. I can't get BrcmpatchRAM2 to load for bluetooth to work. If anyone can look into that and help with that, it'll be a good thing. Any modifications or fixes is welcomed also.

Update:
Opencore 0.0.4 fixes bluetooth, unfortunately i'm still having trouble getting it to load because it's killing my usb ports. Help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
I am really wanting to try this but i am having an issue. I followed the tutorial and downloaded and created the install MAC OS Mojave version 10.14.5. I then used Clover_v2.5k_r5018 to create my bootable disk and copied the clover folder from CLOVER v3.4 into the EFI folder on the ESP partition. I then safely eject the usb drive and place in my Dell XPS and boot hitting f12. Clover then starts but the only option given is to boot into windows. No install MAC OS option is available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:
Found out i was missing a file, i added that file and now i can get to the install. Now my next problem, I upgraded my laptop to a 1tb EVO 960 and now that doesnt show up as a drive to install in.

Last edited:
OK awesome, i got it installed and seems to be working great. My only problem now is i can only boot from the USB. i tried installing clover on my main mac os drive and then mounting the EFI folder and coping my clover folder there but it doesnt work. Any ideas?

Update:
I decided to get rid of the dual boot and just go with MacOS, ill load parallels later for windows :)

Last edited:
So after getting mad at myself last night for letting this dual boot thing kick me, i reloaded the machine with Windows 10 and i am going to try again to dual boot.

Alright i give up. for the life of me i cannot get Clover to dual boot. I have installed both OS's have a 200mb EFI partition. i can boot up 100% of the time with my USB, works like a charm. But when i install clover to the MacOS drive (With the EFI options) I delete the clover folder on my newly created clover instal, then copy over my clover DIR from my USB, then reboot....and it goes straight to Windows, no clover option at all....So I tried to rename my boot manager file in the EFI Microsoft boot DIR and now clover boots and goes to MacOS but when i choose Windows i blue screen. I have to be missing something...it cant be this hard to get it to dual boot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back