Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirming that I could update my 9560 to 10.14.3 straight from Software Update, no issues so far.
Changes from original tutorial to make it 100% working:

-VoodooI2C for better touchpad: https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

hi edbr.. same machine for me
have you used the 2.1.4 release for VoodooI2C ?
is really better the touchpad ? have I to use Kextbeast to install all the seven Kexts to L\E ?

Hi @marcovitale,
I am using 2.1.4. The only Voodoo* files in my Library/Extensions are VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (just keep from this tutorial).
I changed because I wasn't satisfied with the scroll, but I found out not only the scroll is better with VoodooI2C, you also get almost all gestures working very well. Touchscreen is also improved.
Note: I also switched from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. I don't know if it's required to have VoodooI2C working well, though.

Hi @marcovitale,
I am using 2.1.4. The only Voodoo* files in my Library/Extensions are VoodooI2C.kext, VoodooI2CHID.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext (just keep from this tutorial).
I changed because I wasn't satisfied with the scroll, but I found out not only the scroll is better with VoodooI2C, you also get almost all gestures working very well. Touchscreen is also improved.
Note: I also switched from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. I don't know if it's required to have VoodooI2C working well, though.

well done.... i ll do same thing... only the 2 other VoodoI2C kexts you have tested over the PS2 ....
I ll confirm if my result is so good as your for all community...

well done.... i ll do same thing... only the 2 other VoodoI2C kexts you have tested over the PS2 ....
I ll confirm if my result is so good as your for all community...

Remember to disable some Apple trackpad drivers that prevent VoodooI2C from being loaded.
You can delete them or disable from your Clover config. I don't remember exactly which ones are them, but they were 2. I'll have to leave for your research this time.

Hey,

I have tried installing all the Voodoo drivers but I have noticed no difference after doing so. I guess I need to disable the apple trackpad drivers like you said. Any ideas on exactly what I need to do?

big problem .. not related to VoodoI2C...
i m working with an external SSD ..
after installing hack Mojave .. post intall all ok... fully functional ...
I have rebooted with Clover from SSD but my boot stop with the message (in verbose mode )
"gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"....
I have tried several time but always same result...
any idea for this ? I have googled but it seems to me that is no so clear the solution for whom have this problem...

big problem .. not related to VoodoI2C...
i m working with an external SSD ..
after installing hack Mojave .. post intall all ok... fully functional ...
I have rebooted with Clover from SSD but my boot stop with the message (in verbose mode )
"gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"....
I have tried several time but always same result...
any idea for this ? I have googled but it seems to me that is no so clear the solution for whom have this problem...
Try adding -cdfon to the boot arguments

have I to add -cdfon in .plist/boot/#Arguments ?

I used Clover Configurator. To test it out though, on Clover Bootloader, go to Config -> Boot Options -> Type "-cdfon" (no quotes), then click space on the boot entry, you should now see it is booting with -cdfon.

done .... same result on boot...-cdfon is not the solution...here is screenshot of verboose boot for best comprehension

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_103839.jpg
    IMG_20190203_103839.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back