Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I could help! I'm sorry I have not had time to update the download with the sata kext, but I should soon. As for your clover boot, you're saying that you can't boot clover without a USB, or you have clover installed on your laptop but your MacOS install is not showing? Are you using two seperate drives and have an OS installed on each drive or are you dual booted? I don't think i've ever seen an issue where clover wouldn't show the MacOS partition.

EDIT: I have updated the download with SATA_unsupported.kext included. Issue should be resolved for people in the future!

Yes I thought it was weird myself, not seeing the choice to boot macOS, I do have a second disk that wasn't used, I will remove it and run install again (more practice makes perfect). Everything I followed in your guide was spot on, adding the sata kext was what helped me out from a mention in this thread. I will check my work again and let you know. Thanks for your time in replying!.

Originally my Broadcom adapter did work and was connected to the internet, I re-imaged to try and fix the issues with the bootloader.

My new issues are no trackpad driver, and wireless broadcom isnt working. attached are the logs, any help to show where I messed up would be great. I did install with the avoid APFS, but I believe the APFS installed anyway.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    54.9 KB · Views: 167
  • config-generate.plist
    15.8 KB · Views: 181
Originally my Broadcom adapter did work and was connected to the internet, I re-imaged to try and fix the issues with the bootloader.

My new issues are no trackpad driver, and wireless broadcom isnt working. attached are the logs, any help to show where I messed up would be great. I did install with the avoid APFS, but I believe the APFS installed anyway.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile is incomplete (missing screen resolution). Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Anyone else having a hard time getting imessage to work? I have tried different guides, but can´t fix it.

Anyone else having a hard time getting imessage to work? I have tried different guides, but can´t fix it.

It could be an issue with the hardware profile you have setup in clover. These downloads have my personal hardware profile on them (which it probably shouldn't) and so you should change everything to be different from mine.

I should probably add that to the guide...

It could be an issue with the hardware profile you have setup in clover. These downloads have my personal hardware profile on them (which it probably shouldn't) and so you should change everything to be different from mine.

I should probably add that to the guide...

By hardware profile, do you mean SMBIOS? If so, I have changed the settings (serialnr, smuuid, board serial number and such).

By hardware profile, do you mean SMBIOS? If so, I have changed the settings (serialnr, smuuid, board serial number and such).

Yeah, that’s what I meant. Oof well mine worked out of the box for me. Have you read the main thread on this site about getting iMessage to work? It might help your case. I don’t know why you would have any more difficulties that anyone else.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. Oof well mine worked out of the box for me. Have you read the main thread on this site about getting iMessage to work? It might help your case. I don’t know why you would have any more difficulties that anyone else.

Have read it - and done the procedure without luck. Will try to check more later.

When you mention "non-EFI USB partition" in the opening post/pre-installation step, do you mean directly into Install macOS Mojave USB drive? Currently the USB drive only has Install macOS Mojave and an empty EFI-Backups folder.

Do I place the whole XPS9560 install folder next to those two items? Thanks.

Also having an issue after formatting my SSD to APHS, it says Not Mounted (I'm unable to Mount, and if I try to erase/partition again it says there's not enough space). When I go select a drive to install Mojave on, only the USB drive shows up but greyed out / not clickable. Not sure if these two issues are related.

Edit: After wiping my whole drive and restarting, I can't find the USB bootloader/option for Clover in UEFI/f12 boot mode anymore. I reinstalled Ubuntu with my Ubuntu USB bootloader, and I can't find the Mojave/Clover USB at all within Ubuntu. But my Mac still detects the USB and I can still edit it.

Last edited:
When you mention "non-EFI USB partition" in the opening post/pre-installation step, do you mean directly into Install macOS Mojave USB drive? Currently the USB drive only has Install macOS Mojave and an empty EFI-Backups folder.

Do I place the whole XPS9560 install folder next to those two items? Thanks.

Also having an issue after formatting my SSD to APHS, it says Not Mounted (I'm unable to Mount, and if I try to erase/partition again it says there's not enough space). When I go select a drive to install Mojave on, only the USB drive shows up but greyed out / not clickable. Not sure if these two issues are related.

Edit: After wiping my whole drive and restarting, I can't find the USB bootloader/option for Clover in UEFI/f12 boot mode anymore. I reinstalled Ubuntu with my Ubuntu USB bootloader, and I can't find the Mojave/Clover USB at all within Ubuntu. But my Mac still detects the USB and I can still edit it.

Yes, I meant that you should copy the folder to the "Install macOS Mojave USB" drive. As for your USB issue, if it still shows up in your mac try to just run the clover installer again and see if that fixes it. No need to wipe the whole USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back