Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to check for that! And all the patches I've tried do nothing. Here are my PR files for good measure, just dumped them

Our laptops should already have DVMT set to 64MB, you can check in BIOS -> General -> System Information, scroll down and you should see Video Memory = 64MB.

Our laptops should already have DVMT set to 64MB, you can check in BIOS -> General -> System Information, scroll down and you should see Video Memory = 64MB.
That isn't the same as DVMT.

That isn't the same as DVMT.

There are several DVMT settings. DVMT-prealloc is the one that macOS/OS X is sensitive to. Problem is most BIOS UI do not express the settings by their technical names, so you end up having to do IFR extract to get real values.

Your config.plist has no 32mb DVMT patches/properties for WhateverGreen.kext.
See guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You were right.

Guys. I.. I did it. Everything is working now. proper graphics memory running smooth as my previous MacBook Pro, audio, mapped keys, and.. a TOUCH SCREEN! That's something even APPLE hasn't implemented!

I had to move some kexts around - make sure some were installed in /L/E as well as kexts/other. Also the LPC, CPU, ACPI, and GPUSensors kexts aren't needed, because you already have the corresponding FakeSMC kexts. I also had to make sure InjectUSB was installed - this wasn't included in the original package attached to this post.

The real obstacle was the constant KP when using genuine graphics IDs though, and this was solved by adding the DVMT patch in config.plist.

Thank you everyone for all your help, and especially RehabMan for your patience.

I tested the audio jack and it's pretty janky - cutting in and out, or too quiet, etc. Anyone else have this issue? Also the mousepad is delayed. These are minor issues though and by no means emergencies. PR files attached.

Attachments

• debug_7147.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
I tested the audio jack and it's pretty janky - cutting in and out, or too quiet, etc. Anyone else have this issue? Also the mousepad is delayed. These are minor issues though and by no means emergencies. PR files attached.

CodecCommander.kext + SSDT-ALC298.aml or SSDT-ALC298a.aml (.dsl in CodecCommander repo).
Don't forget to integrate the properties from SSDT-AppleALC.dsl.

Just wondering - the installer won't show my Hynix nvme 1TB. Any ideas how I can approach this?

Hello all,

For anyone reading this thread I have added USBInjectAll.kext to both downloads in the main post. Hopefully this will fix most issues people are having. When I get more time I will try to go back again and implement any other optimizations or potential fixes given in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back