Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was able to format it. It appears as if it's taking the history from the machine I created the install media from. It's giving me these options:
  1. Restore from Time Machine backup
  2. Reinstall macOS
  3. Search the web for issues
  4. Disk Utility
I clicked through all of them and none of them would give me the option to install. Is there away to make the bootable install media "fresh"?

Assuming you made your installer the way I have in the description, I can't think of any other way.

Assuming you made your installer the way I have in the description, I can't think of any other way.

So after a day of wrestling with it, I was able to figure it out (well, kinda). I went and got a plug-and-play Ethernet adapter and for whatever reason I was able to finally get to the true installer, or so I thought. I then started getting an error when getting to the launcher and had to rebuild my USB and then I was able to get installed. It wasn't allowing me to login with my Apple id in the installer so I skipped it, I then tried logging into on the desktop and it worked fine.

Everything was good until I installed the kexts in other kexts. Now, whenever I attempt to boot the machine I get a gIOScreenlock 3 error again. Previously, the -cdfon flag worked miracles, but now it seems to not be the case. Any ideas?

So after a day of wrestling with it, I was able to figure it out (well, kinda). I went and got a plug-and-play Ethernet adapter and for whatever reason I was able to finally get to the true installer, or so I thought. I then started getting an error when getting to the launcher and had to rebuild my USB and then I was able to get installed. It wasn't allowing me to login with my Apple id in the installer so I skipped it, I then tried logging into on the desktop and it worked fine.

Everything was good until I installed the kexts in other kexts. Now, whenever I attempt to boot the machine I get a gIOScreenlock 3 error again. Previously, the -cdfon flag worked miracles, but now it seems to not be the case. Any ideas?

I'm assuming you transferred the config.plist over to your main drive's efi partition? Also where exactly did you put whatevergreen.kext? Honestly just copy your entire efi folder from your USB's efi partition to your main drive's efi partition and it should work.

I'm assuming you transferred the config.plist over to your main drive's efi partition? Also where exactly did you put whatevergreen.kext? Honestly just copy your entire efi folder from your USB's efi partition to your main drive's efi partition and it should work.
I deleted and dragged over the clover folder, is that the same thing? How do I remove the installed Kexts? As in the ones I used Kextbeast with.

Oof you shouldn't have deleted the previous EFI Folder on the drive, just merged it with the one on your USB. That folder contains files to boot other stuff too. To remove previous kexts just go to /Library/Extensions and remove the kexts you installed, then you'll need to rebuild the kext cache. You can google the command for that since I don't know it myself.

Oof you shouldn't have deleted the previous EFI Folder on the drive, just merged it with the one on your USB. That folder contains files to boot other stuff too. To remove previous kexts just go to /Library/Extensions and remove the kexts you installed, then you'll need to rebuild the kext cache. You can google the command for that since I don't know it myself.

So I figured out most of my issues. macOS now boots, I can get to the desktop. Turns out that if you are on Intel HD 630 that your ig-platform-id has to be changed to 0x59120000.

The only other issues I have is my DW1560 not working and it won't sleep when I close the lid.

So I figured out most of my issues. macOS now boots, I can get to the desktop. Turns out that if you are on Intel HD 630 that your ig-platform-id has to be changed to 0x59120000.

The only other issues I have is my DW1560 not working and it won't sleep when I close the lid.

Hmm, that’s the same WiFi card I have, so my Config should have worked for you off the bat. Did you uninstall the Broadcom Kexts that I included in the download? Those are necessary for the system to recognize the card.

Also, I’ll try to update the config with that device id in the hopes of minimizing future issues for people. Thanks!

Where exactly is the EFI folder that I need to copy from your zip file to the EFI partition? I only see Clover, Clover Configurator, Kextbeast, and Other Kexts. Thanks in advance!

Where exactly is the EFI folder that I need to copy from your zip file to the EFI partition? I only see Clover, Clover Configurator, Kextbeast, and Other Kexts. Thanks in advance!

The “CLOVER” folder goes directly in your efi partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back