Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
iOS
For those that still don't know this trick, I just would like to share this amazing kext that fixed the only thing left unpolished on my macOS: authentication dialogs stuttering, anytime I needed to put my password.

For my surprise, the boot loading bar is now faster in the end, because before it was freezing looking for TouchID hardware.
This should definitely be included in the OP.
Important: worked only in EFI\CLOVER\kexts, no success in Library\Extensions

Motherboard
XPS 15 - 9560
CPU
i7-7700QH
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hey guys,
I've seen this issue be brought up in the past, but it was always ignored and unanswered.
I am able to boot into the Clover Live USB, but I cannot partition the drive that I want to install macOS on to AFPS. It always gives me the error
" Mounting Disk
Creating a new AFPS container
Unmounting volumes
Unknown error. -110"
I am trying to dual boot with Linux, but I have a 150gb MacOS extended journaled partition set aside for Hackintosh. That is the partition that I am trying to format to AFPS and it is giving me this error in the process.

What can I do to fix this?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
Thank you edbr for the response. I fixed the track pack by changing the permissions and cleaning up the kext cache but i am still not able to get my USB-C port to work. I have a Dell TB15 dock and would love to be able to get my multiple monitors to work. Not sure how to accomplish this as most guides dont really discuss the USB-C, they just say to choose between TB or USB-C. But i am not sure what to do with the .aml files

I've been following this guide and I encountered several problems during the installation. First one was my installation USB not showing up in boot options but I solved it by adding manual entry. Now during the installation my M2 SSD is not detected and whenever I try to install on external drive I receive error about firmware partition missing. Can anyone help me?

Motherboard
Dell XPS 15
Me.blackopp,

I too ran into some issues with my m2. I resolved them by adding the hpfs (something like that, sorry away from pc to verify) driver in clover install to usb. Then my drive was detected.

Is the drive pre formatted? Fat32?

Me.blackopp,

I too ran into some issues with my m2. I resolved them by adding the hpfs (something like that, sorry away from pc to verify) driver in clover install to usb. Then my drive was detected.

Is the drive pre formatted? Fat32?
The external drive was pre formatted but I formatted it with disk utility in the installation...

EDIT:
I just solved the issue. I forgot to format external drive to APFS.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So i upgraded tp 10.14.6 and lost track pad...Anyone know a fix?
Did you have to udate clover as well? What is the update procedure?

(I don't have a mouse so after reading that you had trackpad issues I'm gonna enable a keyboard shortcut to open terminal so I can get to repair the permissions and clear kextcache).