Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 MacOS 10.14.1 (all models)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've followed the guide and with a few tweaks here and there it now works nice.
However, I can not get TB3 to work... Not talking about hotplug, when booting up the system with the Razer Core (and Vega 64) plugged in, booting takes an eternity, then after 4 minutes it resumes to loading macOS (picture included).
On windows, everything works fine (same machine). Bios Rev: 1.3.3
I have attached my EFI folder in case anyone has an idea, thx

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1022.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1022.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 107
  • EFI.zip
    40.1 MB · Views: 255
Hi,

I've followed the guide and with a few tweaks here and there it now works nice.
However, I can not get TB3 to work... Not talking about hotplug, when booting up the system with the Razer Core (and Vega 64) plugged in, booting takes an eternity, then after 4 minutes it resumes to loading macOS (picture included).
On windows, everything works fine (same machine). Bios Rev: 1.3.3
I have attached my EFI folder in case anyone has an idea, thx

CueMaxX, I have not done a hackintosh project yet and am considering this for my first. How much time have you invested in it? I balk at paying such a high price for a new Macbook, which I can't upgrade, but I'm also not looking for an agonizing weeks-long project. I do a lot of photography and video, and need something that can process that in the field.

For anybody that wants to try, i have OpenCore 0.0.3 working for Dell XPS 9560 to boot MacOS. I can't get BrcmpatchRAM2 to load for bluetooth to work. If anyone can look into that and help with that, it'll be a good thing. Any modifications or fixes is welcomed also.

Update:
Opencore 0.0.4 fixes bluetooth, unfortunately i'm still having trouble getting it to load because it's killing my usb ports. Help.

this EFI worked for my xps! did you follow a specific guide you can point to? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back