Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help? I don’t know why the kexts aren’t working. I loaded them in the correct places and it’s like the machine won’t acknowledge they’re even there. I already provided problem files generated by that script.

Can someone please help? I don’t know why the kexts aren’t working. I loaded them in the correct places and it’s like the machine won’t acknowledge they’re even there. I already provided problem files generated by that script.
Kexts installation is very simple buddy. how are you installing these kexts, explain.

Kexts installation is very simple buddy. how are you installing these kexts, explain.
I'm using Kext Beast to install them, with essentials going into "efi/clover/kexts/other" as well as /S/L/E. Additional kexts as well as the essentials are going into /L/E. See problem files attached.

Attachments

• debug_27114.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Hi,
I tried to boot my MacOS Partition today after a few days and wasn't able to.

I remember moving some kexts to the system itself, rather than having them loaded through clover and then repairing permissions and rebuilding kext cache. I'm not sure if that could've caused the issue or something else.

Any idea where this could be going wrong? I can boot into recovery but not through my normal installation in safe mode either.

Attachments

• IMG_2786.JPG
    IMG_2786.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 106
  • Clover.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
Keep in mind sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds after you select Apple->Sleep (longer if you have pending assertions).
Understood about the delay. The debug files attached I generated after a reboot, then I attempted sleep once by closing the lid, and again by Apple > Sleep. I checked "pmset -g log" and at the end it displays:

Code:
Total Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2018-08-27 23:58:03 -0400 :2

Does this verify the system is completely sleeping?

One question I have is (if the system is truly sleeping), is it normal behavior that I'm not able to wake the laptop by opening the lid or pressing the trackpad or keyboard buttons? The only way I've been able to wake is by pressing the power button once and then the login screen appears.

Attachments

• debug_23370.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
So I booted in -f mode, rebuilt the kextcache and received output like the code below in the Terminal. This is a problem obviously. Searching for solutions on here. Apparently one possibility is that the FakeSMC is not from a "matched build."

Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fbcce30b130 [0x7fff8631faf0]> { URL = "VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }

Tried a fresh install, kexts still have "invalid signatured". Debug files attached. No idea what's going on. Any help welcome.

Attachments

• debug_18920.zip
    626.7 KB · Views: 93
Tried a fresh install, kexts still have "invalid signatured". Debug files attached. No idea what's going on. Any help welcome.
"invalid signatured" is normal

"invalid signatured" is normal
Then I don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t know why it’s still laggy and doesn’t seem to detect any kexts. :(

Oh wow, I thought I WAS using that tool but it made everything automatically. awesome. See attached please.

According to ioreg, you are using an invalid ig-platform-id. No expectation of working graphics without using a valid ig-platform-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back