Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I mean is the USB won’t boot at all, and I did prepare it according to that guide.. I’ve been experimenting with both this guides method and that one.
What I mean is the USB won’t boot at all, and I did prepare it according to that guide.. I’ve been experimenting with both this guides method and that one.
I was able to boot by blocking the Kent starting with “brcm” - then I put all the keys from other into /L/E. Still cannot boot, still get blue screen message

I got everything to boat and load properly! But the typcal things aren't working (audio, backlight, brightness, etc.) - even though I loaded the .kexts and use the same config.plist I used on the USB itself! I'll hunt around... but I thought that using the kexts given to us in the attachment in this post would mean those would be taken care of. FYI, Wifi for me DOES work.

I got everything to boat and load properly! But the typcal things aren't working (audio, backlight, brightness, etc.) - even though I loaded the .kexts and use the same config.plist I used on the USB itself! I'll hunt around... but I thought that using the kexts given to us in the attachment in this post would mean those would be taken care of. FYI, Wifi for me DOES work.
I'd follow the guide more closely and read through some of the posts me and Rehabman have had. The files attached should make all of those work for you, but you'll need some further config.plist tweaking to get things working better/smoother like changing SMBIOS.

I'd follow the guide more closely and read through some of the posts me and Rehabman have had. The files attached should make all of those work for you, but you'll need some further config.plist tweaking to get things working better/smoother like changing SMBIOS.
I'm using the Macboook Pro 14,1 version. I did try to reinstall an updated Voodoo kext - I don't see much of a difference. Machine is definitely still laggy, no audio, no backlight controls, etc. Doing some more research, reading through these posts... I keep thinking I installed something incorrectly, but I followed the instructions.. essentials are at S/L/E, non-essentials are at /L/E.

Hi, I decided since I can boot I should attach more thorough Problem Files. Here they are

Attachments

• Problem-Files.zip
    595.3 KB · Views: 187
I'm using the Macboook Pro 14,1 version. I did try to reinstall an updated Voodoo kext - I don't see much of a difference. Machine is definitely still laggy, no audio, no backlight controls, etc. Doing some more research, reading through these posts... I keep thinking I installed something incorrectly, but I followed the instructions.. essentials are at S/L/E, non-essentials are at /L/E.
essential kexts go into clover/kexts/other

All kexts then to be installed to /Library/Extensions

also problem reporting files are incomplete

Use this tool:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Attachments

• problem-files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 178

Attachments

• debug_27114.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Anyone have any guesses based on the files I attached to the post right before this one? @RehabMan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back