Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have apps running that are using audio, preventing sleep.
It is easy to see in your pmset -g assertions:
Code:
PMSET DUMP :-
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standbydelay         10800
 standby              1
 womp                 0
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             0
 halfdim              1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            0
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by Coca, coreaudiod, firefox)
 autopoweroffdelay    28800
 hibernatemode        3
 autopoweroff         1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         30 (display sleep prevented by coreaudiod, firefox)
 tcpkeepalive         1
 lidwake              1
END DUMP FOR PMSET
I tried to close lid and wait for sleep with those apps closed, however no success. I only use Coca while I have the laptop docked at my desk. I ran another debug report with those closed and laptop not docked.

Attachments

• debug_16612.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
I've ran the commands below before but just to verify I ran them again, still a no go on sleep.

Could it have to do with Energy Savings in System Preferences? I tried to sleep after running the commands, rebooting, then attempting sleep with both "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" ON and also with OFF but still no sleep (not even sure if it effects NVME SSD's, everything else is off inside the settings).

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

I've ran the commands below before but just to verify I ran them again, still a no go on sleep.

Could it have to do with Energy Savings in System Preferences? I tried to sleep after running the commands, rebooting, then attempting sleep with both "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" ON and also with OFF but still no sleep (not even sure if it effects NVME SSD's, everything else is off inside the settings).

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Keep in mind sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds after you select Apple->Sleep (longer if you have pending assertions).

For the first time I was able to get through the ENTIRE GUIDE, right down to "INstall Kexts"!

But then when I rebooted it was like nothing had been installed - I get a blue screen with PC messages saying my drive needs to be recovered, etc. Now when I try to run from the USB it won't let me boot from there either. I selected "Preboot" and it gave me the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• problem-files.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
For the first time I was able to get through the ENTIRE GUIDE, right down to "INstall Kexts"!

But then when I rebooted it was like nothing had been installed - I get a blue screen with PC messages saying my drive needs to be recovered, etc. Now when I try to run from the USB it won't let me boot from there either. I selected "Preboot" and it gave me the attached screenshot.

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect".
And all kexts you need installed to /L/E.
Only "essential" kexts belong in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

See post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Will I need to completely start over the install? I can’t boot at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back