Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560 - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm understanding that 14,x means all 14 versions, like 14,*.
But usually, the choice 14,1 results in a mistake.

Wrong.
I wrote "anything but" 14,1 is probably a mistake.
14,1 out of all 14,x is generally the correct choice.

Hey first off thanks for the guide. This is my first time attempting to create a hackintosh so apologies if this should go elsewhere.

I have attempted to follow the guide on my Dell 9560 and have run into some issues. If I follow the guide exactly I can't get High Sierra as a boot option from the USB (In BIOS I chose to add a boot option and added BOOTX64.efi to get clover to show up) however if I use the general guide and create the USB through Unibeast (copying the kexts from the other folder in this download into that one) then I can launch the Setup but it just hangs on gIOScreenLockState 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey first off thanks for the guide. This is my first time attempting to create a hackintosh so apologies if this should go elsewhere.

I have attempted to follow the guide on my Dell 9560 and have run into some issues. If I follow the guide exactly I can't get High Sierra as a boot option from the USB (In BIOS I chose to add a boot option and added BOOTX64.efi to get clover to show up) however if I use the general guide and create the USB through Unibeast (copying the kexts from the other folder in this download into that one) then I can launch the Setup but it just hangs on gIOScreenLockState 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You might want to take a look here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi, may the "pmset -b reduce 0/1" command help to reduce high battery consume? The correct form is with or without the -b option?

Accordingly to that wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pmset i should see the reduce mode listed after type "pmset -g" but there isn't. Maybe is it deprecated with High Sierra?

Thanks for the link, I was successfully able to build it and then just copy the files over that way. After playing around a bit and changing the IG-platform as per the first post i got to the Mac OS boot screen and installed fine.

Installed all the kexts (refresh rate seems low) but will have a play around with it tomorrow morning and install the bootloader so I dont have to boot off the USB.

Thanks again for your help and for the awesome guide!

EDIT: Seem to have it all up and running but when dragging windows or opening launchpad it takes a second or two to "draw" so I am assuming there is some graphic driver issues that ill need to resolve. Could these be caused from the change in the IG-Platform ID?

Last edited:
maybe this Smasung 960 EVO may be better cause can fit?

Confirming that I have the 960 EVO - running now with 10.13.4 - no issues.

On a side note: Same issue with battery - best is about 3 hours (4k screen i5); Ubuntu was getting average 5.5 (or 2 while fully pegged with render tasks on the GPU). Wish there was something like PowerTop on Linux.

Same issue with battery - best is about 3 hours (4k screen i5); Ubuntu was getting average 5.5 (or 2 while fully pegged with render tasks on the GPU). Wish there was something like PowerTop on Linux.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean with (4k screen i5)? That you choosed SMBIOS MacbookPro 14,1 (non-touch, with i5 processor)? Because i've experienced sleep issue with that. With 14,3 i can sleep without consume 1% of baattery in 2 days of inactivity. But 14,1 works better with filesystem and some delays.

EDIT 1: Guys anyone already tested FileVault 2 encryption? If not i can try, obviously, but should be great not to be the first tester :)

EDIT 2: After two weeks of test i'm experiencing also a wifi+bluetooth issue on wake up after sleep. When mine pc sleeps, wifi is even active.. i never deactivate it. Sometimes it sleeps with bluetooth active too. That happen especially when it sleeps with both connections active. Issue means that wifi disconnect from the network, i can try to reconnect and graphically i can, but in the fact can't transfer data, so surf the internet. Bluetooth says no card detected. I didn't touch any Clover files or kexts since the last Troubleshoot files upload so i hope those are good (page 9 of this thread). Thanks!

EDIT 3: I've detected an issue with trackpad/mouse (external too). When i play Fortnite if i click for shot, during the time that i've the mouse left-click button pressed, i'm not able to move the pointer/cursor. It remains in the same position until that i release the left-click button. I'm installing League of Legends to check if it's a gaming-related or general issue.

Last edited:
Still seem to be having issues with the graphics being laggy/slow:

Have tried using the config from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/ | When i just copied the clover folder over it didn't detect the install in the clover boot menu

Also tried using the IG-Platform from that guide but no luck | Did boot but still lagging | Currently left it on 34567898764

Have tried different Mac models to no luck (currently left it on the default from this guide)

In the about section it shows graphics as Intel 630 31MB | Not sure if thats correct or if I should be expecting it to pick up the 1050?

Anyone got any starting points?

Last edited:
Still seem to be having issues with the graphics being laggy/slow:

Have tried using the config from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-touch-1tb-ssd-32gb-ram-100-adobergb.224486/ | When i just copied the clover folder over it didn't detect the install in the clover boot menu

Also tried using the IG-Platform from that guide but no luck | Did boot but still lagging | Currently left it on 34567898764

Have tried different Mac models to no luck (currently left it on the default from this guide)

In the about section it shows graphics as Intel 630 31MB | Not sure if thats correct or if I should be expecting it to pick up the 1050?

Anyone got any starting points?

Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sounds like you are not using a valid ig-platform-id and/or are using an invalid FakeID/IntelGFX.
Must use correct values for working graphics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back