Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, this is my first time posting on a forum of any kind and I am amazed that total strangers read and respond to what I have to say.

Yes, I initially tried to disable the lilu.kext with the kernel flag -liluoff. I now do not get a kernel panic but my boot seems to freeze at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3...". Any ideas?
Having looked this up, I then tried to disable the InjectIntel in Graphics Injectors which was already unchecked.

I previously had been running my XPS 15 9560 on sierra for a couple of months without issue. It is only after applying the latest security patch to sierra without checking whether I needed to update any of the kexts that my system has run into errors. If i'm not mistaken, I should have updated lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixuip.kext before updating. Would be great to solve this issue without having to do a fresh install.

Hey, did you ever manage to get past this point? I'm stuck here too.

I used the recovery partition to update lilu.kext, but that didn't seem to let me boot... it still hangs when I try to boot normally.

Just completed my first Hackintosh using all the guides and available resources here. As prev stated, not for the faint of heart, but totally doable if you know how to read and dyor. Thanks to RehabMan, KNNSpeed, and the rest who've taken the time to contribute. This community is truly amazing.

The last thing I'm troubleshooting, my Thunderbolt isn't working. I found a DSDT.aml from another computer that fixes the problem. What should I be looking for in that one, to patch in the DSDT.aml for my system? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 102
Just completed my first Hackintosh using all the guides and available resources here. As prev stated, not for the faint of heart, but totally doable if you know how to read and dyor. Thanks to RehabMan, KNNSpeed, and the rest who've taken the time to contribute. This community is truly amazing.

The last thing I'm troubleshooting, my Thunderbolt isn't working. I found a DSDT.aml from another computer that fixes the problem. What should I be looking for in that one, to patch in the DSDT.aml for my system? Thanks in advance.

You should compare your DSDT disassembly with the disassembly of the one you found in order to determine the change that was made.

You should compare your DSDT disassembly with the disassembly of the one you found in order to determine the change that was made.
Thx for the reply! Using a text tool to compare the differences. Is there a better way or some specific language I should look for?

Thx for the reply! Using a text tool to compare the differences. Is there a better way or some specific language I should look for?

I use diffmerge.

Hi everyone,

The build is going well, but I'm sure many would agree that the touchpad could be improved. I find the voodoo driver included with this guide not very good for scrolling - tends to stutter and hesitate.

Searching for an alternative driver I came across this cypress touchpad driver:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294608-cypress-ps2-trackpad-kext/

I tried swapping out the included voodoo kext with the cypress one but it just causes a crash on boot (I check for conflicting kexts suggested on the GitHub page). I read it is compatible with the XPS but not 100% sure.. Has anyone tried this one with the 9560?

I use diffmerge.

Stuck on this...
syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Tried all of your recommended patches and some ideas found on google, no luck.

Attachments

• DSDT_R1.dsl
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • Error_Screen Shot.png
    Error_Screen Shot.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 94
no graphics acceleration on this laptop for 10.13.4 beta. this maybe a problem for the future. If anyone has a solution, please share. I'm stuck. Everything was working fine in 10.13.3

Stuck on this...
syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Tried all of your recommended patches and some ideas found on google, no luck.

Apply patches one at a time to determine the patch you are applying that is coded incorrectly and causing the error.

Hi everyone,

The build is going well, but I'm sure many would agree that the touchpad could be improved. I find the voodoo driver included with this guide not very good for scrolling - tends to stutter and hesitate.

Searching for an alternative driver I came across this cypress touchpad driver:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294608-cypress-ps2-trackpad-kext/

I tried swapping out the included voodoo kext with the cypress one but it just causes a crash on boot (I check for conflicting kexts suggested on the GitHub page). I read it is compatible with the XPS but not 100% sure.. Has anyone tried this one with the 9560?

I *love* this build -- can't thank everyone who put this guide together enough! Totally agree though that the VoodooPS2 performance is subpar.

From what I understand, the trackpad, touchscreen, and keyboard on the XPS 15 all support I2C and the VoodooI2C works as reported by @alex.daoud. That said, I haven't been able to find pinning for the XPS 15 that works with VoodooI2C and my personal attempts at figuring out the pinning gave me functional touchscreen via VoodooI2C but not keyboard/touchpad.

If you want to take a stab at it, here's some useful links:

* https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-ram-100-adobergb.224486/page-31#post-1678347
* https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-ram-100-adobergb.224486/page-31#post-1678458

I will eventually get around to posting in the VoodooI2C support thread like @alex.daoud recommended, but haven't had time to yet. Let me know if you get it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back