Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone able to get 4K 60hz HDMI out of this laptop by using a usb-c/TB3 adapter?

Is anyone able to get 4K 60hz HDMI out of this laptop by using a usb-c/TB3 adapter?
Hi Crunchie,

I'm running a monitor at 4K 60Hz out of the USB-C port using a USB-C to HDMI 2 adapter. In system preferences I was limited to 30Hz but using RDM I was able to set it to 60Hz and it's working nicely.

Yes, on an AOC U2879VF. No RDM needed, no framerate issues. (Sierra 10.12.6)

Also: BIOS 1.7.0 is safe (does not break anything) over 1.6.2.

8. [Optional] Customize shortcuts in System Preferences -> Keyboard
a. VoodooPS2Controller (this is syscl’s version) maps these swipes to keyboard combos:
i. 4-finger up/left/right/down
ii. 3-finger up/left/right/down/tap
iii. 2-finger left/right (I recommend remapping these since they tend to cause extraneous 0s and 9s to be pressed if left unmapped)

Hey guys, I think I need some clarification on this section of the guide.

I checked under system preferences .. keyboard and didn't see anything that could be related to the touch pad. I'm curious where you can edit these gestures/ keyboard mappings.

The track pad works, but the two finger scroll is hard to control. It seems sluggish and inconsistent. Also many gestures do work, but I'm curious if "pinch to zoom" is possible? I'm hoping that these edits will make the track pad work a little smoother.

Thanks very much.

I checked under system preferences .. keyboard and didn't see anything that could be related to the touch pad. I'm curious where you can edit these gestures/ keyboard mappings.

SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

Anyone is able to explain how to install high sierra ?

Hi I finaly succeed to install High Sierra.
I'm trying now ti enable the acceleration for the intel hd 630.

The only way to boot is to set a fake ig-platform and disable Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Coredisplayfixup. But I'm in 31mb

Here is the output when I'm booting :

IMG_20180106_100809.jpg

and here is the output when I'm booting in cancel hibernate wake :

IMG_20180106_101020.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hi I finaly succeed to install High Sierra.
I'm trying now ti enable the acceleration for the intel hd 630.

The only way to boot is to set a fake ig-platform and disable Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Coredisplayfixup. But I'm in 31mb

Here is the output when I'm booting :

View attachment 304009

and here is the output when I'm booting in cancel hibernate wake :

View attachment 304015

You have a mess in Clover/kexts/Other.
Should have only:
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

You have a mess in Clover/kexts/Other.
Should have only:
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Thanks for your answer I delete all the unecessary kext and here is the output :

IMG_20180106_165111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back