Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, someone else with my problem. Similar to you, i have tried everything and all I get is IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 when trying graphic acceleration. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG with HD 630 and 10.13.1 betas. Please help. and yes, i have 591b8086 and 591b0000 in the right places and intelhdgraphicsfixup and even coredisplay. I've even followed rehabmans guide. Something is wrong.
You could try deleting from your home folder files matching ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver* before rebooting, or creating a new user, setting auto login to the new user and rebooting.

Hey,
i am tying to install HS since 2 weeks without success. I get stuck at :
IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
does anyone encounter the same error?
I tried using a lot of different configs, the latest Clover and kexts suggested in this thread...
May anyone just post a working clover folder..maybe i am just missing out on something.
Thanks a lot for your help
Finally, someone else with my problem. Similar to you, i have tried everything and all I get is IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 when trying graphic acceleration. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG with HD 630 and 10.13.1 betas. Please help. and yes, i have 591b8086 and 591b0000 in the right places and intelhdgraphicsfixup and even coredisplay. I've even followed rehabmans guide. Something is wrong.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Okay so all my information:
i am on XPS 9560, I7 7700HQ with 4K display, using toshiba 1tb ssd and 16gb ram. Bios version is 1.5.0 and i am trying to get into 10.13.0 installer. I attatch the Clover folder with original ACPI files and patched ones, and 2 photos of the boot screen, one in the middle of boot and one at the "end" where installer gets stuck. Installer usb is proofen working on a real mac (macbook air 2016).
Thanks a lot for your help.

20171031_103851(0).jpg
20171031_103912.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 206
i am on XPS 9560, I7 7700HQ with 4K display, using toshiba 1tb ssd and 16gb ram. Bios version is 1.5.0 and i am trying to get into 10.13.0 installer. I attatch the Clover folder with original ACPI files and patched ones, and 2 photos of the boot screen, one in the middle of boot and one at the "end" where installer gets stuck. Installer usb is proofen working on a real mac (macbook air 2016).

View attachment 289105 View attachment 289106

Verify your BIOS settings and make sure you're at the very least in line with OP.
For further settings you can check my post here.
(You can also use the Clover folder attached there for post-install, just remember to generate your own SMBIOS inputs)

Follow RehabMan's guide to create a USB stick.

Then replace the Clover folder in the EFI partition with the one attached.

Keep the installation USB clutter free of all unnecessary kexts. Just add the ones you actually need in order to install the OS. once you've installed it, then you can add all other needed kexts to S/L/E or L/E accordingly.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:

View attachment 289105 View attachment 289106

As per FAQ, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id with UHD until you can defeat the pixel clock limit.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You are correct. Forgot to check bluetooth. Re-adding the BrcmPatchRam and FirmwareData kexts made this work too.

Again, thanks a lot for the help!
@sbeanie thank you for posting your progress. can you please tell me if you have encountered any new findings with your files?

Verify your BIOS settings and make sure you're at the very least in line with OP.
For further settings you can check my post here.
(You can also use the Clover folder attached there for post-install, just remember to generate your own SMBIOS inputs)

Follow RehabMan's guide to create a USB stick.

Then replace the Clover folder in the EFI partition with the one attached.

Keep the installation USB clutter free of all unnecessary kexts. Just add the ones you actually need in order to install the OS. once you've installed it, then you can add all other needed kexts to S/L/E or L/E accordingly.

@tgmac thank you for posting your progress. can you please tell me if you had to use a "Patched IONVMeFamily.kext" or "class-code spoof along with HackrNVMeFamily" to have the install work with your Samsung 960 NVMe? I am asking because your Clover upload has gotten me farther than any one else's on this forum except for the fact that when I get to Disk Utility, my Toshiba NVMe is not recognized.

Last edited:
I seem to have gotten everything working now. There is the odd Kernel Panic on boot but the following restart seems to always fix it which I find a bit odd. Sleep didn't work except on MacbookPro14,3 which I believe can be a problem for some. Syscl's VoodooPS2Controller does in fact work, I assumed a KP on boot was due to me changing to the modified kext but it seems it isn't.

I've attached my clover folder.

Note if this setup doesn't work, try the zip I posted a few posts back which should work for installation purposes.

WARNING: SMBIOS is changed.
@sbeanie Thank you for posting your work. I tried using both your uploads and Disk Utility does not recognize my 1TB Toshiba NVMe. Can you please tell me what NVMe SSD you are using?

@tgmac thank you for posting your progress. can you please tell me if you had to use a "Patched IONVMeFamily.kext" or "class-code spoof along with HackrNVMeFamily" to have the install work with your Samsung 960 NVMe? I am asking because your Clover upload has gotten me farther than any one else's on this forum except for the fact that when I get to Disk Utility, my Toshiba NVMe is not recognized.

For Sierra, yes.
High Sierra, on the other hand, supports the 960s natively.

for more info on it check Rehabman's FAQ under the "Q. Is my NVMe SSD supported?"

How to get brightness keys to work? F11 and F12 (without having to hold down FN) were workin in sierra, but is there a new code for high sierra in ssdt-brt6. If so, please post if you have them working.
They're working fine in High Sierra and nothing in the coding needs to be changed.
Please update your profile accordingly and post your problem report files if you need assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back