Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Intel HD 630. Nvidia onboard but I am on laptop, so its optimum. We all know optimum does not work regardless. Anywayz, all through Sierra my graphics acceleration worked. After upgrading to High Sierra (10.13), it worked. Now that these new 10.13.1 beta releases are out, I get stuck with on the boot screen at "IOconsole user...gIOLockscreenstate" <-(something like that) and can not boot into macos to login or anything. It looks like it is trying too as screen dims a little, but will not load to show graphic acceleration (or graphics period) as it has been doing in previous versions. Did something change since 10.13.1 beta update 2 graphic wise or something? 59168680 will not work. I have the latest apfs, intelgraphicsfixup, luli, coredisplay and the - boot tags. I'm on Dell XPS 15 9560 4k laptop on 10.13.1 Beta 3 (17B42a).

I have Intel HD 630. Nvidia onboard but I am on laptop, so its optimum. We all know optimum does not work regardless. Anywayz, all through Sierra my graphics acceleration worked. After upgrading to High Sierra (10.13), it worked. Now that these new 10.13.1 beta releases are out, I get stuck with on the boot screen at "IOconsole user...gIOLockscreenstate" <-(something like that) and can not boot into macos to login or anything. It looks like it is trying too as screen dims a little, but will not load to show graphic acceleration (or graphics period) as it has been doing in previous versions. Did something change since 10.13.1 beta update 2 graphic wise or something? 59168680 will not work. I have the latest apfs, intelgraphicsfixup, luli, coredisplay and the - boot tags. I'm on Dell XPS 15 9560 4k laptop on 10.13.1 Beta 3 (17B42a).

Did you use the fix headers option?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Has anyone been able to boot into 10.13.1 beta 2 or 3 with the Dell XPS 15 9560 with graphic acceleration?

My first attempt to install was successful!! Massive thanks to @KNNSpeed for writing this tutorial, it's been a pleasure going through the process, totally painless and just pure joy at my XPS running OSX!! Thanks a bunch, you're a life saver mate!
I now need to get the WIFI module (ATM it's not connected to the internet, so I assume I might need to reinstall everything, especially that I've not changed serial numbers ;) - but honestly, don't mind that with this tutorial :)) Cheers!!!

@abtx did you end up installing the third antenna on your DW1830 wireless card?

Hello. Thanks for your guide. But I still have a problem. My HDMI doesn't work.Plugging an HDMI monitor will results in crash or reboot. Could you tell me how to fix it???? Thank you very much

I suppose I could make a new zip file now, but something pretty good's in the pipeline and I wanted to wait until that was done (I think it's really worth the wait ;) ).
ooft, the anticipation! can't wait to see what's cooking :mrgreen:

Hey,
i am tying to install HS since 2 weeks without success. I get stuck at :
IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
does anyone encounter the same error?
I tried using a lot of different configs, the latest Clover and kexts suggested in this thread...
May anyone just post a working clover folder..maybe i am just missing out on something.
Thanks a lot for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back