Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally set aside some time and managed to get everything installed! Thank you KNNSpeed for the wonderful guide! For the most part everything seems to be working fine and installed without a hitch.

I seem to be having an issue with your new audio fix, however. I think I performed all the steps correctly - but when I get to the last step with install.sh, the output I get in Terminal is "no such file or directory" for cp, chmod, and chown instances of ComboJack, hda-verb, and com.XPS.ComboJack.plist.

I can tell it's not installed properly because when I plug in my speakers I get a lot of harsh static - and no popup message like I should be seeing.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Ah, I see - the problem was Terminal wasn't working from within the folder.

However, I'm still encountering a problem when the computer goes to sleep. If the audio jack is still plugged in while the computer sleeps, upon waking I get a harsh humming sound. I have to reinsert the audio jack and then I'm prompted again to choose "Headphones".

I was under the impression this new audio fix was supposed to fix this issue. Am I doing something wrong?

Just ordered a DW1560, should be here in a few weeks :)

Until then, i'm tethering my phone using the excellent drivers by http://joshuawise.com/horndis

That said, I followed the Fix iMessage guide, but I can't seem to get macOS to treat my phone as Builtin (it does show up under en0 though). Anyone have any tips?

I'd love to get the Mac App Store working and download X-Code. I'd love to mess about with https://github.com/kyewei/osxhidtouch, mainly to get Drag working properly [SEE POST BELOW]

PS: If anyone was on the fence about it, I managed to Dual Boot Windows - macOS on the same SSD, installing macOS first, then windows, and then reinstalling clover. If anyone needs help getting it working, just ask :D

Is there any specific guide you used for the dual boot same SSD? How do you reinstall clover?

PS: If anyone was on the fence about it, I managed to Dual Boot Windows - macOS on the same SSD, installing macOS first, then windows, and then reinstalling clover. If anyone needs help getting it working, just ask :D
Would also like the info on dual booting with the same SSD. I reduced my partition size on a new XPS15 9560 with the intent on doing the same.

hi @daniel5151 why do you get an XPS 15 instead of a mac?

i am already running a hackintosh desktop, but my macbook pro battery life cycle has ran out.

i am thinking of getting either a XPS 15 9560 or macbook pro 15 2017, which would you suggest me to go with?

my worries are, has XPS15 fully support most OSX functions?

i currently have duel boot on my hackintosh desktop.

@xxcesarioxx

The XPS 15 I have cost $2300 CAD. The equivalent MacBook Pro would cost $3500 CAD, and would have a worse screen and graphics card. Price was a major factor.

In term of how well I find macOS features to be working... well, that i'll answer after my WiFi card arrives, and I finally finish setting the mac up properly.

My one major gripe thusfar is the trackpad, as compared to the stock Apple one, it's simply atrocious :( alas, there is no solution for that problem, so whatever.

I have a Dell TB16 docking station that I use with my 9560. Has anyone been able to get Thunderbolt 3 accessories like the TB16 to work under macOS?

I do not have a USB-C TB3 Mac available to try the docking station on so I don't know if the issue is with the 9560 or between macOS and the TB16 itself. Could that be the issue?

As the new macOS support both the CPU and graphics (HD630) out of the box, would it perhaps be an idea to update the installation guide a bit? I haven't tested it myself yet(but plan to sometime this week) to go the normal route following the standard installation guide and seeing how far we can go without completely overhauling the CLOVER folder. the less we modify needlessly, the less we may need to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back