Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove EVERYTHING from network prefs with that little minus button. Reboot, add Wifi back first. Run ifconfig in terminal to ensure that wifi is en0. Once confirmed that it is en0, it should work.

There is no ethernet item for laptops without ethernet ports (unless you plug in a USB to ethernet device or similar).

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Thank you for this amazing guide. It is working easily.

I got one problem that I'm not able to fix. I have audio straight after installation but if I plug In headphone audio is very low in volume.

I read this step but I don't know how to apply in the terminal.

4. Run install.sh from within the AudioFix folder
a. Use Terminal to "cd" into the folder, first!
b. This enables audio to persist after sleeping in the few instances where it stops working. More details are included in the "AudioFix" folder.

I had my audiofix files on the desktop so I firstly wrote "cd desktop" into the terminal in order to make the terminal reference to the desktop. Then I copy pasted the install.sh script into the terminal but it wrote "directory not existing" or not permitted.

What am I doing wrong ?

Best regards

Your terminal is not working from within the folder: you need to cd ~/Desktop/[name of the folder] (if they are in a folder on the desktop)

then run ./install.sh

Thank you for the fast reply. I definitly reference to the right folder now, but I still have the same problem. Tried it in many ways.

Here is what it says exactly.

Last login: Thu Jun 29 22:17:16 on ttys000
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:~ rec_ya$ cd ~/Desktop/AudioFix
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ #!/bin/bash
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo cp ALCPlugFix /usr/bin
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
cp: /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix: Operation not permitted
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ #!/bin/bash
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo cp ALCPlugFix /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix: Operation not permitted
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix
chmod: /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix: No such file or directory
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chown root:wheel /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix
chown: /usr/bin/ALCPlugFix: No such file or directory
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo cp hda-verb /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/hda-verb: Operation not permitted
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/hda-verb
chmod: /usr/bin/hda-verb: No such file or directory
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chown root:wheel /usr/bin/hda-verb
chown: /usr/bin/hda-verb: No such file or directory
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo cp good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist /Library/LaunchAgents/
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chmod 644 /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ echo "please reboot!"
-bash: !": event not found
Rec-yas-MacBook-Pro:AudioFix rec_ya$ exit 0

It seems that those files are not present in the usr/bin folder. If I cannot copy them manually in there either.

What am I doing wrong. And sorry for disturbing. Best regards

Oh! You need to disable SIP. :)

In clover config.plist, change the value of "CSRactiveconfig" from 0x00 to 0x67 and "Booterconfig" from 0xC6 to 0xEE.
You can then just leave it like that if you want.

Thank you very much it worked liked charm. You are outstaning.

Hi again

When the computer goes to sleep. Audio dissapears. I've read this

1. Audio sometimes disappears after sleep. Sleep again or plug/unplug something into the headphone jack and it'll come back.
a. This just means ALCPlugFix "missed" its patch on wake. Though, ever since I switched to the new audio layout 28 I haven’t run into it. Might just be good luck. Or maybe it’s fixed… o_O

Unfortunatly it doesn't work for me. Audio just doesn't come back after dissapearing what can be done on that behalf.

Secondly my resolution is at 1920x1080 butr I gut a UHD SCREEN. i DON'T FIND ANYTHING ON THIS IN YOUR TUTORIAL. hOW MAY i MAKE MY DISPLAY TO UHD ? May be in the config.plist ?

Best regards

Thank you

Hi again

When the computer goes to sleep. Audio dissapears. I've read this

1. Audio sometimes disappears after sleep. Sleep again or plug/unplug something into the headphone jack and it'll come back.
a. This just means ALCPlugFix "missed" its patch on wake. Though, ever since I switched to the new audio layout 28 I haven’t run into it. Might just be good luck. Or maybe it’s fixed… o_O

Unfortunatly it doesn't work for me. Audio just doesn't come back after dissapearing what can be done on that behalf.

Secondly my resolution is at 1920x1080 butr I gut a UHD SCREEN. i DON'T FIND ANYTHING ON THIS IN YOUR TUTORIAL. hOW MAY i MAKE MY DISPLAY TO UHD ? May be in the config.plist ?

Best regards

Thank you

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

My XPS started to switch off itself at random today, it happened about 4 times. The screen goes blank, keyboard stays illuminated. Did anyone experience this issue? How can I troubleshoot this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back