Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.
It didn't Help.
I dont know if this happen only with my specific wireless ac router (it is a Dlink with Realtek chipset) or with others too.
Booting from El Capitan, my computer can handshake and make a solid connection after sleep connecting on channel 165 (wireless AC) or even on channel 13(wireless n) and others, but on Sierra, it tries to connect and give me an error after some time of trying. I can connect with wireless b or n on low channels (1 to 11).
It is very strange, because I can see wireless names and system information says that all channels are available to me.

Yes, screen removal is required to add another antenna, but don't skip the antenna if you go the DW1830 route. You'd be better served going with a DW1560 if you aren't willing to add another antenna. The DW1560 is a direct swap for the Killer card.

Confirming DW1560 - the swap takes only about 2 mins to complete!
If you do not want to deal with Ebay shipments from China, for a small premium there is the parts store (specializing in Dell parts): https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=search&search=dw1560

It didn't Help.
I dont know if this happen only with my specific wireless ac router (it is a Dlink with Realtek chipset) or with others too.
Booting from El Capitan, my computer can handshake and make a solid connection after sleep connecting on channel 165 (wireless AC) or even on channel 13(wireless n) and others, but on Sierra, it tries to connect and give me an error after some time of trying. I can connect with wireless b or n on low channels (1 to 11).
It is very strange, because I can see wireless names and system information says that all channels are available to me.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Well, this is interesting:
Got the headphone jack to work as an input... Except it only records what goes out the headphone jack... :p
(trying to find what verbs will turn off the headphone output part and re-enable the speakers)

EDIT: Got stereo line-in working. But I think headphone jack autodetection prevents speakers from powering on :/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 07.08.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 07.08.10.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Thank you for your support.

Might be a country code/region issue (eg. the patch "Patch CC to #a" may not be correct for your network region/setup).

Might be a country code/region issue (eg. the patch "Patch CC to #a" may not be correct for your network region/setup).
I tried to patch CC to BR too, but it is even worse. I lose a lot of capable channels and this sleep problem isn't fixed.

I tried to patch CC to BR too, but it is even worse. I lose a lot of capable channels and this sleep problem isn't fixed.

Suggest you experiment with different CC patches.
I have no experience with it as I'm in North America... (things seem to be less weird here).

I
Suggest you experiment with different CC patches.
I have no experience with it as I'm in North America... (things seem to be less weird here).
I don't think it is a country code error, because my wifi router can be seen on menu.
And another evidence is that BCM94352Z have no problem at all connecting after sleep, but have another weird issue with Bluetooth sometimes not been enabled on wake.

I

I don't think it is a country code error, because my wifi router can be seen on menu.
And another evidence is that BCM94352Z have no problem at all connecting after sleep, but have another weird issue with

Maybe you forgot to disable "wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

Bluetooth sometimes not been enabled on wake.

Make sure Android File Transfer not installed and Google Chrome "webusb" feature is disabled.
(see FAQ for details).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back