Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt to install was successful!! Massive thanks to @KNNSpeed for writing this tutorial, it's been a pleasure going through the process, totally painless and just pure joy at my XPS running OSX!! Thanks a bunch, you're a life saver mate!
I now need to get the WIFI module (ATM it's not connected to the internet, so I assume I might need to reinstall everything, especially that I've not changed serial numbers ;) - but honestly, don't mind that with this tutorial :)) Cheers!!!

@KNNSpeed so does install DW1830 require screen removal? or just if I want the extra antenna? I'm thinking to skip the extra antenna part and just replace the wifi module. Any advice?

@KNNSpeed so does install DW1830 require screen removal? or just if I want the extra antenna? I'm thinking to skip the extra antenna part and just replace the wifi module. Any advice?
Yes, screen removal is required to add another antenna, but don't skip the antenna if you go the DW1830 route. You'd be better served going with a DW1560 if you aren't willing to add another antenna. The DW1560 is a direct swap for the Killer card.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this guide @KNNSpeed. I've applied your change set and my 9365 XPS 2-in-1 is in it's best hackintosh state to-date.
Since I don't have the same model as you I don't want to hijack this thread too much, but I first noticed this thread when I ran across https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-xps-15-9560-compatibility.214318 which was covering an issue where the trackpad stops working soon after launch. I'm also facing this trackpad issue on my system -- do you know what you may have done to resolve this issue?
You also mention having touchscreen -- is this working without special kexts etc?

@ipsipse No touchpad issues here. Do note that the "wifi radio toggle" button, which for me is on F12, actually turns on/off the touchpad instead of enabling/disabling the radio. Touchscreen is connected over USB (internally), and was properly detected and worked without any special kexts. It works as a single-button mouse by default.

That issue occurs because you don't have valid serial, board serial, and smUUID numbers. You can use whatever you were using previously, though you should look into getting a proper set.

I guess dual booting with bootcamp won't work here, is multibeast the only alternative?
@KNNSpeed I did change the machine type in config to MacBookPro11,3 - is that gonna affect any of the config?
I noticed audio volume is super low when using headphones, have you experienced this issue too?

Last edited:
I guess dual booting with bootcamp won't work here, is multibeast the only alternative?
@KNNSpeed I did change the machine type in config to MacBookPro11,3 - is that gonna affect any of the config?
I noticed audio volume is super low when using headphones, have you experienced this issue too?

Bootcamp is for Macs.
Your computer is a PC and it can boot Windows directly...
Read post #2 of the Clover laptop guide...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@abtx
If you don't use the MacBookPro13,X or 14,X SMBIOS, you lose potentially perfect native power management for Kaby Lake. AFAIK the SMBIOS relates directly to what the OS thinks your CPU is. Also, you will have conflicting USB power management if you use the 11,3 with the included USBX SSDT. Better to stay on 13,X / 14,X.

actually - that was because I have nvme ssd with no 4k sectors, and I've used HackrNVMeFamily with the spoofed class-code, and I did everything as did before, but i missed that you have sorted order, in which I didn't include my aml... after including it - looks to be ok... at least I can boot:)
As I said: if you used what you had working before you should be fine (for booting) :)

@abtx
If you don't use the MacBookPro13,X or 14,X SMBIOS, you lose potentially perfect native power management for Kaby Lake. AFAIK the SMBIOS relates directly to what the OS thinks your CPU is. Also, you will have conflicting USB power management if you use the 11,3 with the included USBX SSDT. Better to stay on 13,X / 14,X.

MacBookPro13,x or 14,x will give you HWP.
It is probably best to test both HWP enabled SMBIOS and an SMBIOS without.
With a few computers I've tested with, on some I get better performance without HWP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back