Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 15 9560: 4K Touch, 1TB SSD, 32GB RAM, 100% AdobeRGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i have problems looking at screen that use pwm. Could you check if you own this notebook or different versions if the screen flickers with pwm? Ty :)

Since I have this laptop myself, I thought I would let you guys know: I have just pushed v2.1 of VoodooI2C which replaces our custom multitouch engine with fully fledged native gestures. This means that your I2C trackpad will work almost identically to a Magic Trackpad 2 (save for force touch of course).

Note also that, thanks to experimental USB support on VoodooI2C, v2.1 supports the USB touchscreen on the XPS. As a result, we now have proper gestures on the touchscreen without purchasing touchbase's drivers.

Please make sure to read the "Supported Gestures" page for important information when using native gestures.

Since I have this laptop myself, I thought I would let you guys know: I have just pushed v2.1 of VoodooI2C which replaces our custom multitouch engine with fully fledged native gestures. This means that your I2C trackpad will work almost identically to a Magic Trackpad 2 (save for force touch of course).

Note also that, thanks to experimental USB support on VoodooI2C, v2.1 supports the USB touchscreen on the XPS. As a result, we now have proper gestures on the touchscreen without purchasing touchbase's drivers.

Please make sure to read the "Supported Gestures" page for important information when using native gestures.

That is so much better. Thanks! I can get rid of VoodooPS2 now right? I just want to make sure I'm installing it correctly. It appears to be working just fine.

That is so much better. Thanks! I can get rid of VoodooPS2 now right? I just want to make sure I'm installing it correctly. It appears to be working just fine.
I tried removing voodooPS2 and then keyboard and trackpad stopped working.. Ofcourse the touch screen works wonderfully.. restored the VoodooPS2 and also kept the new kext voodooI2c 2.1.

NEW!

After several weeks of toiling (it's July already?!), here's a new audio solution for perfect working audio. I basically ported the linux driver and created a GUI popup menu to configure the combo jack (see screenshot).

Features:
  • Fully working Combo Jack! (Heaphones, headset, AND line-in!)
  • New verb sending kext (no more need for CodecCommander on systems without EAPD troubles; VerbStub is simply a direct port of hda-verb for Linux)
  • Launchdaemon with Windows-like pop-up menu monitors the jack for insertion
  • Automatic OMTP (Nokia)/CTIA (iPhone) detection for headsets!
  • Fully commented sources
Notes:
  • Line-in mode disables audio output. I haven't been able to re-enable the speakers when the jack is purely an input, but that's the only "issue"
  • Zero "no audio after sleep" issues so far
  • Make sure to turn off "Use ambient noise reduction" when using an input that isn't the internal Mic (unless you find that it helps)
How does it work?

Simple! Due to the way the Realtek codec is set up on this machine, the ComboJack program watches the jack and switches the codec selector (node 0x22) to the correct input after applying all the requisite processing coefficients and pin widgets. This means that Mac OS only sees a built-in mic, but behind the scenes it actually is connecting to the headset and line-in ports. This works because all input paths lead through selector node 0x22 and into capture node 0x09, and the OS only acknowledges the capture node.

How to install (uses modded AppleALC):
  1. Disable SIP (I use 0x67 for CSRActiveConfig and 0xEE for booterconfig)
  2. Remove ALCPlugFix from /usr/bin (may need to kill with Activity Monitor first)
  3. Remove good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist from /Library/LaunchAgents (may need to launchctl unload first)
  4. Remove CodecCommander from Clover/kexts/Other (unless you need it, but it looks like the 9560 doesn't)
  5. Copy VerbStub.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  6. Copy AppleALC to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  7. Change layout-id to 72 (in SSDT-Config -- 0x48 is hex)
  8. Run install.sh and read what it says
  9. Reboot (and enable SIP if you want)!
Download "ComboJack Installer.zip" and "AppleALC.kext.zip" for everything. The other zips are sources.
(Also included in "ComboJack Installer" is a folder containing the platform, layout, and pinconfigs used.)

Trying the above to fix audio on my Precision 5510 but still not getting anywhere. Headphone jack is distorted. Any ideas on where I need to start? Everything else on my build is working.

Thanks!
Chris

Trying the above to fix audio on my Precision 5510 but still not getting anywhere. Headphone jack is distorted. Any ideas on where I need to start? Everything else on my build is working.

Thanks!
Chris

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    13.5 MB · Views: 200
  • Divine’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    11.1 MB · Views: 122
  • RehabMan.zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 126

Attachments

• debug_24568.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 210