Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 L322x El Capitan Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks igorbelchior !

After several tests on sierra update, i wanted to make a fresh clean re-install of ElCapitan and your guide is very useful.
Almost ;) everything is working ... except the wifi.

When i start using this laptop with macos couple years ago, i replaced the original wifi card like you but with DW1702 (Atheros AR9285 chipset) and wifi just worked.
I used a patched version of AirPortAtheros40.kext with addition of the line :
Code:
<string>pci168c,2b</string>
Just in case i've check and no problem on windows 10 and ubuntu so the hardware is ok.
I've tried to re-use the same kext but still don't work (not even seen in hardware list).

Also tried the airport_kext_enabler (toledaARPT.kext) method as described the "airport-pcie-half-mini" guide with no more success.

Would you have an idea to make mine (DW1702) work ?
Do you use the dsdtEdit method ?

You need to restore your IO80211Family.kext (run the OS X installer).
Then use either toledaARPT.kext or ProbookAtheros.kext as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Awesome, so easy ... ;)

Thanks a lot for your quick answer and your time :thumbup:

hi,
Thanks for the guide, even if i have a Dell 13 xps with the same exact specs you have, i can't pass the black screen and i don't know how to find the correct IGPlatform value and PORT :rolleyes:, using what ??

Hope for specifications PLZ.

These images might help :rolleyes: (i have 1366x768 screen).

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Nevermind I got it working, i used the Graphics injector from clover boot-flags with the IGPlatform id : 01660003 and port : 0406.

Now there is two problems left :
1 - Backlight keyboard not working .
2 - can't log in to Appstore, and Eth (en0) fix can't be applied to machine (since there is no ethernet on laptop).

But i dont think this guide delivered a DSDT file?

No idea what you mean.
Patching DSDT not necessary to enable App Store access.

And any chance to fix the Keyboard backlight??

It might work better if you patch ACPI correctly...

So far :

- AppStore fixed.
- Keyboard backlite No chance.
- Audio works but there is no sound (Mic works, But i think it worked one from a state where i unplugged the batterie and plugged it, but after i plugged the jack its gone :eek:).

So far :

- AppStore fixed.
- Keyboard backlite No chance.
- Audio works but there is no sound (Mic works, But i think it worked one from a state where i unplugged the batterie and plugged it, but after i plugged the jack its gone :eek:).

For audio, maybe you need CodecCommander, but didn't install it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back