Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a free empty 300Gb partition on my SATA M.2 drive where I could
do another test installation with your EFI OpenCore or Clover folders ( witch is better?)

I ve been reading tons of info on OpenCore (mind blowing) and Clover easier on a musician mind ;)

before I go with install just a checklist

1) I guess. I do need to create a new USB installer with your OC EFI on it .
2) what minimal amount of files should be on USB installer and what files reserved for Post Install?
3) Do I need to generate my own SSDT's ( somehow .. any easy guide?) or can I use yours?
4) I will have to generate my own SMBIOS serials ( I got that part!)
5) Do I have to mess with post install USB port mapping or will it be mapped correctly using your EFI?
6) there is a Documentation Folder inside your EFI - anything important there I should read?

sorry for basic noob questions - I am a just a muso trying to learn to many things at the same time ;)
No worries! I started out knowing nothing at all as well:)

1. You should be able to create a install usb as you are used to (follow various tutorials online and then copy my OC EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB stick).
2. Then just install macOS as you already did and afterwards copy the OC EFI folder from the stick to the SSD.
3. You do not need new SSDTs as we have the same hardware, neither will you need to to USB port mapping (99% sure, because we have the same processor, same wireless card etc.).
4. Documentation is just the standard one from OC, so not important.

1. You should be able to create a install usb as you are used to (follow various tutorials online and then copy my OC EFI folder to the EFI partition of the USB stick).
2. Then just install macOS as you already did and afterwards copy the OC EFI folder from the stick to the SSD.
3. You do not need new SSDTs as we have the same hardware, neither will you need to to USB port mapping (99% sure, because we have the same processor, same wireless card etc.).
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and support for a "hackintosh freshman" @Richylitschy - I really needed that!
going to try to install on a separate partition and see how it goes from there - fingers crossed :wave:

EDIT:
oh, before I forgot ... can I just leave the clover boot loader on another partition can in coexist with
OpenCore boatload on another partition or there should be only one Bootloader on the SSD with different partitions ?

Last edited:

hi @Richylitschy , forgot to ask :
What version of OC is your EFI for 0.7.2 or 0.7.3( latest) ?
Can I just leave Clover Bootloader on its own partition with Mojave and install Open Core Mojave on another partition can they coexist or do I need delete clover from Boot options menu in BIOS?

Try those keys in combination with the Function (Fn) key.
couldn't get brightness and volume controls to work for 2 weeks reading how to patch OpenCore , etc ...
Today I've tried combination with Fn key , example Fn+F11 Fn+F12 and it works also for volume controls - its maybe not as convenient as using F keys alone but its works !
thank you @egore !

couldn't get brightness and volume controls to work for 2 weeks reading how to patch OpenCore , etc ...
Today I've tried combination with Fn key , example Fn+F11 Fn+F12 and it works also for volume controls - its maybe not as convenient as using F keys alone but its works !
thank you @egore !
i have not used this as i use hotpatch, but it may work:

thank you @egore !
Have you looked into the BIOS? There is a setting to switch the default of the FN and function keys and it seem to me that you have it enabled.

Have you looked into the BIOS? There is a setting to switch the default of the FN and function keys and it seem to me that you have it enabled.
Thanks for your tip @Richylitschy , will look into BIOS carefully ! you've been very helpful with my noob posts ;)

Yesss! you've nailed it again @Richylitschy !
I had Fn LockMode Enable/Secondary in BIOS
changed it to Fn LockMode Disable/Standard - restart and F keys just work.
thanks a lot for helping and sharing the knowledge and your EFI

P.S. do you have external Line-in working ( not headphones) on the ComboJack on your XPS 13 ?

Attachments

• Fn LockMode Enable:Secondary.jpg
    Fn LockMode Enable:Secondary.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 108
  • Fn LockMode Disable:Standard.jpg
    Fn LockMode Disable:Standard.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back