Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get everything to work and even got SD card reader - that's impressive - props!

Was it because of the Opencore approach vs Clover approach ..on because of OSX version that works better on Dell XPX 13?

I am new to hackintoshing ... and in a process to post configure my 1st Mojave install on Dell XPS,
how do I ago about with CpuFriendDataProvider.kext .. is there a clear guide that can be used to this laptop?
thanks for reply
By no means was the progress all my own doing. Reading nearly 3500 posts to this thread and countless other threads across the interwebs as well as other GitHub repositories from smarter people than me all were the main doings to get things to where they are today. I did learn a bunch along the way as well.

Clover or OpenCore is your choice. OC is more modern and right now more supported, I’d say.

Do a search for what I suggested: CPUfriendfriend, to answer your question.

By no means was the progress all my own doing. Reading nearly 3500 posts to this thread and countless other threads across the interwebs as well as other GitHub repositories from smarter people than me all were the main doings to get things to where they are today. I did learn a bunch along the way as well.

Clover or OpenCore is your choice. OC is more modern and right now more supported, I’d say.

Do a search for what I suggested: CPUfriendfriend, to answer your question.
Thanks for your tips !
I am reading a lot at the moment on this and oher threads and watching youtube video tutorials on Clover & OpenCore ... still a lot to digest.

But so far so good : I've managed to successfully install Mojave 10.14.5 on XPS i5-7200U
using Mark Perez very clear guide
and post configured my hack by using DarkVoid's shell script XPS9360.sh
what this script automates
:
1. generated my DSDTs ( don't know if it changed anything?)
2. fixed combo-jack ( works!)
3. enabled 3rd party apps
4. disabled Touch ID ( though my XPS doesn't have any touch id, so why is this script there?)
5. Enabled TRIM ( how essential is it?)

Than I've disabled hibernation as advised earlier in this thread and for all Hackintosh laptops.

Question 1)

I ve used Clover Configurator to generate MSBIOS based on MacBookPro14,1
but it still shows wrong CPU info in about my Mac
i7 Intel core 2.7 Ghz instead of i5 7200U
how to match my CPU in Clover Configurator and does it even matter much for proper laptop operation?

Question 2)

what else should I do to further optimize my Mojave hack any tips ?

Pluggin in stereo audio cable into Line-in for recording sound doesn't work
even though I select Line-in the built in Mic is remains active sound source.

Anyone got external stereo cable Line-in working when selecting it in the control panel?

Anyone?

Attachments

• XPS 13 9360 Sound Line-in.png
    XPS 13 9360 Sound Line-in.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Pluggin in stereo audio cable into Line-in for recording sound doesn't work
even though I select Line-in the built in Mic is remains active sound source.

Anyone got external stereo cable Line-in working when selecting it in the control panel?

Anyone?
Hi Jazznerd, try my OC EFI Folder attached. Just paste it into your EFi/EFI folder and boot of it. Everything should work OOT, I have the same hardware as you have. You just have to add a Serial number, MLB and UUID in the PLIST under PlatformInfo -> Generic (you can generate these values with the clover configurator using the 14.1 SMBIOS).
You can also first test the files and add the serial numbers later, they are only necessary for all the iCloud services to work. Feel free to ask questions after you tried it!

EDIT: I also attached the clover variant of my files, if you rather would like to use them.

Attachments

• OC Kopie.zip
    6 MB · Views: 181
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 112
Hi Jazznerd, try my OC EFI Folder attached. Just paste it into your EFi/EFI folder and boot of it. Everything should work OOT, I have the same hardware as you have. You just have to add a Serial number, MLB and UUID in the PLIST under PlatformInfo -> Generic (you can generate these values with the clover configurator using the 14.1 SMBIOS).
You can also first test the files and add the serial numbers later, they are only necessary for all the iCloud services to work. Feel free to ask questions after you tried it!

EDIT: I also attached the clover variant of my files, if you rather would like to use them.
Hi @Richylitschy , thanks a lot - really appreciate it!

At the moment Ive been busy post configuring my install of Mojave on this Dell XPS 13 for a week now :
first everything seemed to work but when I installed DW1560 combo wireless card :
wifi worked but I still can't get Bluetooth to show up no matter what I install or remove:
I've been suggested on other thread to map my USB ports : but I've tested my USB ports they seem be recognized and work OOTB bu maybe I am doing it wrong..( ?)
1) installed Broadcom BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext kexts into
Clover/kexts/Other - didn't work - no bluetooth
2) Reinstalled them into Library/Extentions - didn't work and now laptop restarts into Clover while in sleep with closed lid - messin with Brcm kexts broke a good working stable sleep function... still no Bluetooth.

What OSX version is your OC / Clover install intended for?
what wireless Wi-Fi BT card do you use?
does audio in ( Line-in not mic) work?

thanks again for taking your time to help
Jazznerd:wave:

At the moment Ive been busy post configuring my install of Mojave on this Dell XPS 13 for a week now :
first everything seemed to work but when I installed DW1560 combo wireless card :
wifi worked but I still can't get Bluetooth to show up no matter what I install or remove:
I've been suggested on other thread to map my USB ports : but I've tested my USB ports they seem be recognized and work OOTB bu maybe I am doing it wrong..( ?)
2) Reinstalled them into Library/Extentions - didn't work and now laptop restarts into Clover while in sleep with closed lid - messin with Brcm kexts broke a good working stable sleep function... still no Bluetooth.

you have to map your ports and set your wifi card to internal

You should be able to use the files for Mojave until BigSur, that are all the version I was running with these files. I have the same DW1560 and line in works as well.

I've got a free empty 300Gb partition on my SATA M.2 drive where I could
do another test installation with your EFI OpenCore or Clover folders ( witch is better?)

I ve been reading tons of info on OpenCore (mind blowing) and Clover easier on a musician mind ;)

before I go with install just a checklist

1) I guess. I do need to create a new USB installer with your OC EFI on it .
2) what minimal amount of files should be on USB installer and what files reserved for Post Install?
3) Do I need to generate my own SSDT's ( somehow .. any easy guide?) or can I use yours?
4) I will have to generate my own SMBIOS serials ( I got that part!)
5) Do I have to mess with post install USB port mapping or will it be mapped correctly using your EFI?
6) there is a Documentation Folder inside your EFI - anything important there I should read?

sorry for basic noob questions - I am a just a muso trying to learn to many things at the same time ;)

You should be able to use the files for Mojave until BigSur, that are all the version I was running with these files. I have the same DW1560 and line in works as well.
so I am safe to install Mojave or Catalina ? sounds promising @Richylitschy !
just trying to figure out the checklist before install not to miss important seps

you have to map your ports and set your wifi card to internal
In pre or post install ? sounds tough for my noob level.... do I have to edit plist or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back