Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I've finally figured out the issue with kernel_task 50-60% cpu usage on my machine, and it's based on an older issue that @the-darkvoid had flagged on Mojave days. It's due to the incompatibility of LineIn with the existing AppleALC.kext. Disabling the kext removes the issue but I'm without sound. This issue only happens on the i7-8550U motherboard, not the i7-7500U board.

Question is: has anyone else seen this (on big sur) and how has it been solved?

UPDATE: Finally solved. Had to install the combojack daemon in usr...

Last edited:
Hi guys I've finally figured out the issue with kernel_task 50-60% cpu usage on my machine, and it's based on an older issue that @the-darkvoid had flagged on Mojave days. It's due to the incompatibility of LineIn with the existing AppleALC.kext. Disabling the kext removes the issue but I'm without sound. This issue only happens on the i7-8550U motherboard, not the i7-7500U board.

Question is: has anyone else seen this (on big sur) and how has it been solved?

UPDATE: Finally solved. Had to install the combojack daemon in usr...
Hi jkbuha. Do you have a 0.6.4 OC folder that's stable to share? How are things coming with the MBP16,3? Thanks!

Hi jkbuha. Do you have a 0.6.4 OC folder that's stable to share? How are things coming with the MBP16,3? Thanks!

Still on 0.6.3, experimenting to get the best settings on the MBP15,2 profile. Once I'm happy I've got a max performing baseline I'll install 0.6.4 and/or MBP16,3 to compare...

Seeing as boxing day is normally replete with family and excess food + boxsets, was worth doing something else for a change. OC 0.6.4 with MBP16,3

@egore - it's a first step, but keen to get your benchmarks, compared with my previous build. Also let me know if you spot any anomalies, misbehaviour, etc...

Attachments

• OC_163.zip
    5 MB · Views: 172
Seeing as boxing day is normally replete with family and excess food + boxsets, was worth doing something else for a change. OC 0.6.4 with MBP16,3

@egore - it's a first step, but keen to get your benchmarks, compared with my previous build. Also let me know if you spot any anomalies, misbehaviour, etc...
Excellent! We all appreciate it. I will give it a try a bit later today.

One clarifying question...are there any changes to the previously shared variables? I have those in place, so it should be an easy update to this EFI. Thanks again.

Variables haven't changed between OC builds; helps baseline performance better especially across different SMBIOS versions.

Let me know how this build works for you wrt my previous release.

Unfortunately, I'm unable for some reason to log into iCloud with the latest configuration. On attempts, results in iCloud_unsupported_device

Hello, I'm working on a 9360 that I just picked up, can't get the USB drive to get to the installer; trying for OC 0.6.6 and Big Sur 11.2.

Here's the CPU/GPU:

CPU: i7-7660U (Kaby Lake)
GPU: Intel Iris Plus 640
Screen: QHD+ (3200x1800)
Configured with SMBIOS for a MacBook Pro 14,1

Thankfully this isn't my first hackintosh, I have desktop running OC 0.6.5 that works really well, been on OC since 0.5.6.

For this XPS 13 I followed the Dortania guide for Opencore 0.6.6 very closely. My suspicion is that the framebuffer failing and causing a hang. Here are the settings I have and the output.

Last line shows
MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd.##) <Warning>:Service exited with abnormal code 1

I've tried a few other platform IDs but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I really appreciate it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.00.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.00.29 AM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5124.JPG
    IMG_5124.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back