Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this

Btw, may I ask, did you use darkvoids EFI or you made your own? I have the i5 8250u and with his EFI I could not boot into macOS, however yesterday I did with my own settings on OpenCore however most hardware was not working properly.

Thanks! I used darkvoids efi (the i5 one), although is not for the 8250, but I will try these:

Thanks a lot for this guide, it's been fantastic. Referencing this and darkvoid's repository, my XPS13 is running Catalina without any issues.

Has anyone managed to do anything with the SD card reader? I built the open source driver kext to no avail, was wondering if there was any other options to try. For now I've just disabled it, it's not the end of the world, but it'd definitely be cool to just have it available.

Thanks a lot for this guide, it's been fantastic. Referencing this and darkvoid's repository, my XPS13 is running Catalina without any issues.

Has anyone managed to do anything with the SD card reader? I built the open source driver kext to no avail, was wondering if there was any other options to try. For now I've just disabled it, it's not the end of the world, but it'd definitely be cool to just have it available.

Which code did you take? These are the repos I found:
I just found this, maybe it helps:

At the bottom is the download Sinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Or from here:

Hello everyone
is there already a specific thread about XPS 9360 & Catalina 10.15.x & OpenCore 0.5.9 ?
I'm following the dortania's guide :https://dortania.github.io/vanilla-laptop-guide/
without any success
I'm Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] and none of the troubleshooting advices works.
Any other advices ?
Who is using OC with its XPS9360 ?
thanks

@moenchp I actually used the second link you posted, but building from the first was able to get it working (albeit slowly). Thanks for the heads up!

@moenchp I actually used the second link you posted, but building from the first was able to get it working (albeit slowly). Thanks for the heads up!

Cool good to hear. Would it be possible to post the kext? Anything else I have to do?

Hello
I have XPS 9360 with an i7-7500U and I was wondering witch SMBios suits the best ?
MacBookPros 14 have 7th gen i7 CPU
And the MacbookPro 14,1 hasn't got any Touch ID.
Could it be the right one ?
Why many Choose MacBookPro 15,2 ?
Thanks in advance

Hello
I have XPS 9360 with an i7-7500U and I was wondering witch SMBios suits the best ?
MacBookPros 14 have 7th gen i7 CPU
And the MacbookPro 14,1 hasn't got any Touch ID.
Could it be the right one ?
Why many Choose MacBookPro 15,2 ?
Thanks in advance

MBP15,2 works better for 8th gen processors (such as the 8550U) as they're based on that generation.

For 7th gen I'd use MBP14,1. Make sure you use the right CPUFriend kext as that's what makes the major difference rather than the smbios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back