Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems with the webcam. I didn't see them before, so I'm not sure if the problem appeared with 10.5.3 update or after that.
The camera appears at System Report, but when you open Facetime, Photo Booth or Skype in Console can be seen this error

error 15:07:33.126272+0300 VDCAssistant CMIO_DPA_VDC_Server_FrameAccumulator.cpp:3876:DecodeMJPEGFrames [guid:0x1450000005ac8510] DecompressionSession DecodeFrame fail

Is the camera working for everyone else?

Has anyone ever fixed the relative low sound volume on MacOS compared to Windows 10? Currently using layout id 11 with latest AppleALC. Sometimes my audio cuts out completely two and re-enables after I navigate to sound => input.

Fixed this by installing CodecCommander and then reinstalling Combo Jack! Working flawlessly now.

I'm really a noob here and everything works fine, except for the headphone jack. I followed this guide to a T. Is there anything I could try to fix it? I really don't want to mess anything up, but headphone jack would be nice to have! I don't know where to start troubleshooting this. Thanks!

I'm really a noob here and everything works fine, except for the headphone jack. I followed this guide to a T. Is there anything I could try to fix it? I really don't want to mess anything up, but headphone jack would be nice to have! I don't know where to start troubleshooting this. Thanks!
have rebuild the cache ?

Can I just install MacOS Mojave Security Update 2020-002 ? Do I need to rebuild caches afterwards ? Anything else ? Just want to make sure I don't break anything as my DELL XPS has been running solid.

Only things I've copied locally in /Library/Extensions are:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander.kext

from @the-darkvoid repo.

Can I just install MacOS Mojave Security Update 2020-002 ? Do I need to rebuild caches afterwards ? Anything else ? Just want to make sure I don't break anything as my DELL XPS has been running solid.

Only things I've copied locally in /Library/Extensions are:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CodecCommander.kext

from @the-darkvoid repo.

Yes, and yes. No need to do anything else. Your sound will be broken on the first reboot until the caches rebuild, then reboot and you're good.

What HiDPI solution are you using ? Do you have problems after sleep when the screen is only on the top left of your screen ? (Like all your UI screen resized to 1/4 of the physical one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back