Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry a small question on CABC - I have a DELL XPS 9360 FHD with Sharp 1449 screen.

I've disabled CABC with the firmware update but got the FW update failed looping with messages "loop:1, err:1"... did anyone see a similar thing ? Last DELL Intel driver was installed. CABC seems disabled even if the update failed... but I'm a bit OCD about failed FW updates...

Hey guys, just realised that my webcam seems to be reported in use, after wake on Mojave. So for example, if I open photo booth, it will report that "There's no connected camera", and clicking the "Camera" menu bar, shows that FaceTime HD camera in use tried to kill all processes related to camera, but sill no luck. Is anyone having the same issue? Thankss

You can find my EFI Folder a few pages back in this thread

I have an Apple USBC to Ethernet adapter, was wondering if it should be visible under the Thunderbolt section in System Information. It does work
in Ubuntu FWIW

I have an Apple USBC to Ethernet adapter, was wondering if it should be visible under the Thunderbolt section in System Information. It does work
in Ubuntu FWIW

and last question for today how many Watts do you get in the intel power gadget...i'm around 2, but I recall my XPS 9343 doing 0.80...

I have a I5 7200 CPU

Thanks everyone for the help and support so far, I do have a working system just trying to squeeze a little more out of it..

@maxchen @Richylitschy @Coletz What it your watt consumption when idle ? I have try the latest darkvoid repo and Richylitschy config too... but at best I reach 1.70W

pkg at 0.7W. You need to use the USB-C fix from the dark void repo on GitHub. This is also in my EFI, so if you used my whole EFI without updating anything, you should have the same draw. Btw turn off your touchscreen and the sd card reader in BIOS, it saves you a little bit and it may be the culprit.

pkg at 0.7W. You need to use the USB-C fix from the dark void repo on GitHub. This is also in my EFI, so if you used my whole EFI without updating anything, you should have the same draw. Btw turn off your touchscreen and the sd card reader in BIOS, it saves you a little bit and it may be the culprit.

0.7W would be lovely. I have used your EFI indeed and also have tried darkvoid but I don't go lower than that. I have a FHD screen without touch and SD card reader has been disabled.

Could it be my NVME(Hynix) Also I still have the killer wifi installed.

0.7W would be lovely. I have used your EFI indeed and also have tried darkvoid but I don't go lower than that. I have a FHD screen without touch and SD card reader has been disabled.

Could it be my NVME(Hynix) Also I still have the killer wifi installed.

Do I need to copy the CPUFriend kexts in SLE as well ? I read it this somewhere but I guess all should be in the EFI folder...

Try this clover folder. Should be ready to go, just copy it to your efi. It is an older clover version tho, but for testing it should be enough.

This is the clover folder I've used btw. BIOS settings as per guide. I'm on BIOS 2.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back