Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Everyone, I have another DELL XPS and I was wondering how good is the trackpad of the 9360 compared to a real Macbook. Gestures etc..

I especially do this a lot: rest my thumb in the bottom left corner(more or less) and use my index to move the cursor... on my DELL I can't as it doesn't move the cursor if using it like that. My Macbook works fine instead.

Hi Guys,

I managed to load Catalina on to the XPS 13 9360 but it is randomly freezing up and i can't seem to find the problem. Could any of you help dissect my EFI and see what i am not doing right?

Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 68
HI Everyone, I have another DELL XPS and I was wondering how good is the trackpad of the 9360 compared to a real Macbook. Gestures etc..

I especially do this a lot: rest my thumb in the bottom left corner(more or less) and use my index to move the cursor... on my DELL I can't as it doesn't move the cursor if using it like that. My Macbook works fine instead.

Sorry to ask again, but can anyone try and report back ? Literally would love to upg the experience I'm getting...

Sorry to ask again, but can anyone try and report back ? Literally would love to upg the experience I'm getting...
Just tried, works flawlessly. I also have tap to click enabled. Thumb rests all the time on the trackpad and index finger moves around. Cursor doesn’t jump around. The touchpad experience is awesome with VoodooI2C! All gestures (except the 5 finger ones) work.

Thank you @Richylitschy Do you recommend finding a XPS with 7th or 8th gen cpus ? Also on my 9343 it's recommended to go for the QHD screen as it's possible to disable the adaptive brightness via firmware upgrade... but not on the HD version of the screen... is it the same for the 9360 ?

Thank you @Richylitschy Do you recommend finding a XPS with 7th or 8th gen cpus ? Also on my 9343 it's recommended to go for the QHD screen as it's possible to disable the adaptive brightness via firmware upgrade... but not on the HD version of the screen... is it the same for the 9360 ?
I have the I5-7200u FHD variant, dont know the generation. Tbh its even snappier than my work MBP 2017, everything works as it should be. But consider that I only do office stuff, no media production.
You can also disable CABC (adaptive brightness) on the FHD variant, but you need to do it on windows. Dell released a tool last year. I would go for the i5 FHD tbh, as its cheap as hell and the battery lasts me with safari and office for 8-10 hrs daily.

@Richylitschy Could please post your EFI folder ? Also did you replace the wifi with a DW1560 ?

I'm trying to find a laptop with same specs as yours

Thanks!

What is the wallpaper in the external display pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back