Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Fixed it by myself.

i have a problem with some random restarts and i think these are a result of wrong RAM Settings .... ( because of soldered RAM?!?)

i have this Setup:

Dell XPS 13 9360 (2017) - CPU: Intel i7 7560U - GPU: Intel Iris Plus 640 - RAM: 8GB RAM - SSD: 256 GB Toshiba NVMe - WiFi: Broadcom DW1560 - OS: Mojave 10.14.6

i attached my RAM Settings here:

do you guys why my system restarts when i click on Apple icon -> About this Mac -> Storage -> Waiting there.

i think it wants to calculating storage settings with RAM and this results in a restart.

i dont know which settings are the right ones. Slot count 1 ? 2? do i only have to select 1 RAM? i put in both IDs the same ... is that right ? wrong?

Help me please :)

Last edited:
Someone has a EFI for I7 7560U, Iris 640 Plus, 8Gb, 256GB NVME Toshiba Mojave / Catalina

i cant get my wakeup working. if i put in the ig-platform-id, the kernel panics are gone , but my wakeup from sleep stops working.

now everything works finde, but the the main reason for mac is the fantastic fast wakeup (which does not work for me). i followed this guide ... someone have a solution?

now the system runs stable and smooth, but the wakeup stops working :(

maybe @ RehabMan can help me?

Helllppp me :(

Last edited:
Hi,

Finally got almost everything working (sorry Dekain not using sleep) on Catalina.

I only have two issues:
- Is there a way to get the fn key works like on a Mac (not just for F key but with other keys)?
- My bluetooth is not working at 100%. Continuity/Handoff is working and I can connect to my bluetooth mouse. But every time I reboot, I need to delete and re-add the Mouse. Is there a way to improve that?

i cant get my wakeup working. if i put in the ig-platform-id, the kernel panics are gone , but my wakeup from sleep stops working.

Helllppp me :(

This thread is relevant: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/help-kaby-lake-macos-high-sierra-install.234995/

I've been trying to figure this out more precisely, myself. With an HD 620, you need a skylake fakeid (and Clover injects it for you) for 10.12.5 and earlier. So with High Sierra, we override that by giving a fakeid of 59168086 for the graphics. But if the CPU has an HD 640, and the screen is black on wake, you can set the graphics fakeid back to a skylake one, 19168086 or 19268086, with an appropriate ig-platform-id, and it fixes the problem. See the final comment here: https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9360-macOS/issues/47

I'm unsure how all this applies to Mojave and later.

does not work for Mojave :( still no wake :(

Edit: Fixed it by myself.

i have a problem with some random restarts and i think these are a result of wrong RAM Settings .... ( because of soldered RAM?!?)

i have this Setup:

Dell XPS 13 9360 (2017) - CPU: Intel i7 7560U - GPU: Intel Iris Plus 640 - RAM: 8GB RAM - SSD: 256 GB Toshiba NVMe - WiFi: Broadcom DW1560 - OS: Mojave 10.14.6

i attached my RAM Settings here:

do you guys why my system restarts when i click on Apple icon -> About this Mac -> Storage -> Waiting there.

i think it wants to calculating storage settings with RAM and this results in a restart.

i dont know which settings are the right ones. Slot count 1 ? 2? do i only have to select 1 RAM? i put in both IDs the same ... is that right ? wrong?

Help me please :)
Have mine semi working, wiped out the serial/smbiosdata, rest is ok for 10.14.6 lastest and 4k formatted nvme. Nearly same config, but FHD and 16GB RAM.

Not pretending that everything is done right, but it boots and works for me. Mind replacing values with yours in the config "FILL_YOURS" lines

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 140
Has anyone ever fixed the relative low sound volume on MacOS compared to Windows 10? Currently using layout id 11 with latest AppleALC. Sometimes my audio cuts out completely two and re-enables after I navigate to sound => input.

Has anyone ever fixed the relative low sound volume on MacOS compared to Windows 10? Currently using layout id 11 with latest AppleALC. Sometimes my audio cuts out completely two and re-enables after I navigate to sound => input.
Same issue here. I have Layout id 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back