Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to change the trackpad timeout based on keyboard input.

To do that you need to edit Info.plist in VoodooI2CHID.kext:
View attachment 405795

Change QuietTimeAfterTyping to a value in milliseconds you are comfortable with, or simply 0 to disable it altogether.

I've search how to disable it for a long time (at least 4 hours) and thankfully I've found answer here.
wow!it's amazing!
huge thanks to darkvoid.
the original value 500ms is too long ,sometimes even feels like stuck.

And I'm wondering if is there ANYWAY to swap ctrl and fn key?
some laptop can make a swap in bios, but not dell.
I've do a lot of search but no result.
WechatIMG59.jpeg

Do you have your killer card still at disposal? Then just try it for once, you won't have wifi but just test if the system freezes again.
After I did the trick with reinserting the DW1560 card a few times, I need to sum up that this doesn't work any longer. Even Ubuntu loaded from USB freezes immediately after I installed the correct drivers.
Replaced the DW1560 card with the original Killer 1535 card, this results in no freezes, but, of course no wifi too.
I do have a spare TP-Link TL-WN821N V4 USB wifi stick, with an old RTL8192U chipset which I got working using drivers from here, but this can't be a solution.

I looked for an DW1560 replacement, I got the first one from Aliexpress, but shipping takes very long and it isn't even cheap at 40$. In Europe I would need to pay 60€ (not $) for it.

Is there a newer Dell wireless card I can try? Newer than DW1820 and DW1830 as these cards are hardly available too.

Thank you! All of you! For making this fantastic notebook even greater! :)

And I'm wondering if is there ANYWAY to swap ctrl and fn key?
some laptop can make a swap in bios, but not dell.
I've do a lot of search but no result.
View attachment 408346

It's right there in MacOS. Sys Pref/Keyboard/Modifier Keys

View attachment 408379
[/QUOTE]
@wanghuangjie

I've found using the modifier keys in the system preferences causing really unexpected behavior with the keyboard and trackpad. I've seen other setups where they do this alternatively for better support.

it's not gonna work with builtin keyboard ,at least in my configuration.
you can't change any other key to fn,
and fn key won't work no matter what you set.

But it works on external keyboard. like magic keyboard.

@wanghuangjie

I've found using the modifier keys in the system preferences causing really unexpected behavior with the keyboard and trackpad. I've seen other setups where they do this alternatively for better support.

it's related with voodoops2controller.
seems like it can't simply change FN key's function ,it must have some key combination with it. like FN+F1,FN+F2..

thanks mates, sry for my English if I'm misunderstood your points.

After I did the trick with reinserting the DW1560 card a few times, I need to sum up that this doesn't work any longer. Even Ubuntu loaded from USB freezes immediately after I installed the correct drivers.
Replaced the DW1560 card with the original Killer 1535 card, this results in no freezes, but, of course no wifi too.
I do have a spare TP-Link TL-WN821N V4 USB wifi stick, with an old RTL8192U chipset which I got working using drivers from here, but this can't be a solution.

I looked for an DW1560 replacement, I got the first one from Aliexpress, but shipping takes very long and it isn't even cheap at 40$. In Europe I would need to pay 60€ (not $) for it.

Is there a newer Dell wireless card I can try? Newer than DW1820 and DW1830 as these cards are hardly available too.

Thank you! All of you! For making this fantastic notebook even greater! :)
Wow, 60$? I bought mine from ebay (italy) for less than 30 euro.
Anyway since I totally broken my build and I don't want to fix it (was an android+iOS dev, now I dropped on iOS so I won't need macOS anymore) I can sell you my card if shipping costs are convenient. If you are interested drop a DM :)

Wow, 60$? I bought mine from ebay (italy) for less than 30 euro.
Anyway since I totally broken my build and I don't want to fix it (was an android+iOS dev, now I dropped on iOS so I won't need macOS anymore) I can sell you my card if shipping costs are convenient. If you are interested drop a DM :)
Yep, 2 and half years ago I bought it from china for 26€ too, but these offers got less on Aliexpress. And I don't want to wait a month or longer for the new card.
Unfortunately I can't DM you, as I need at least 75 posts to do so :/

@pspracers just call dell and order it directly for $18.99. Got mine last week for around $21 shipped 2 day. It was refurbished but works great. (800) 456-3355
Thank you, I searched the whole Dell website for spare parts, but it seemed they are only willing to sell chargers and external batteries.

Yep, 2 and half years ago I bought it from china for 26€ too, but these offers got less on Aliexpress. And I don't want to wait a month or longer for the new card.
Unfortunately I can't DM you, as I need at least 75 posts to do so :/

Thank you, I searched the whole Dell website for spare parts, but it seemed they are only willing to sell chargers and external batteries.
Hope they will ship, but in case they won't ship let me know and we'll find a way to communicate (Twitter maybe?) :)

what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure

If you have to use disablegfxfirmware, that means WhatEverGreen.kext is not loading successfully.

If you have to use disablegfxfirmware, that means WhatEverGreen.kext is not loading successfully.
Based on what I'm seeing it seems like not a single kext is loaded... Need to investigate but right now I need to do other stuff

Anyone got opencore working with their i7-7500U? Care sharing the config file??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back