Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been running it since release day without any issues.
what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure

Last edited:
what have you done in order to update? I can't boot anymore... I tried updating clover but now everything is ****ed, maybe I'll just restart from scratch since the disk itself was nearly empty

Edit: managed to get something back, at least I can read log again.
Now I'm getting "[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #", which seems fixable with "-disablegfxfirmware".
Once applied, I get errors about SMC and after about 5 minutes I get the apple logo with the loading bar...Which seems stuck at 60%. Now I'll wait an hour before shutting down, just for sure

I didn’t have to do anything, just applied the update.

Hi folks,

Today I got a mysterious failure as the whole system just hung up while working. The keyboard, trackpad and the power button didn't show any reaction (except the long press on the power button). Rebooting stopped at the Apple boot screen.
I didn't make any changes to the laptop recently. After updating kexts to latest version from the-darkvoid, boot without injecting kexts, I had the same problem on the following normal boot again. The solution was to disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
I think my wifi card (BCM94352z) is broken :(
I booted Ubuntu from USB, installed Broadcom drivers and wanted to connect to my network -> System hung up again. Surprisingly, Bluetooth is still working:confused:
Does someone have other ideas apart from buying a new wifi card?
Thank you! :)

Edit: Decided to open the notebook and just reinsert the wifi card, seems to work again.

Edit2: Had to do the reinsert again:shifty:

Last edited:
@sbreezemac :
had the same problem again some minutes ago. After I reinserted the card, I did 'sudo dmesg' but I cannot see any useful information. Maybe because the hardware works again and 'dmesg' only prints infos from the last startup on? I can't do 'dmseg' when the failure occurs, as the system doesn't react on any input.
Do you have your killer card still at disposal? Then just try it for once, you won't have wifi but just test if the system freezes again.

Hi, guys. I thinking to buy the 9360, and install macOS on it. It is enought stable for software developement (xcode, visual studio, .. ) and daily usage ? And the Keyvault is working (for security reason) ? Or should i use some 3rd party app for encryption ?

Thanks.

Do you have your killer card still at disposal? Then just try it for once, you won't have wifi but just test if the system freezes again.
Yep, have it, but not at my parent's house where I am till Sunday. I will test it next week! :)

Hi, guys. I thinking to buy the 9360, and install macOS on it. It is enought stable for software developement (xcode, visual studio, .. ) and daily usage ? And the Keyvault is working (for security reason) ? Or should i use some 3rd party app for encryption ?

Thanks.

I am a informatics student. I often use Visual Studio Code without any issues. Also Eclipse, MPLabX and Matlab. Everything works as good as on my previous MacBook Air. I can't tell you about Xcode compatibility, as I don't use it (but I installed it, startup works). The only problems I have with MacOS is the lack of software support for some special FPGA development software (Altera/Intel, Xilinx).

Thanks.
Since I'm using it for ios development... I would avoid it. Latest iOS version needs latest Xcode version, which needs latest macOS version... Which means you need to constantly update your hackintosh (and updating hackintosh can be dangerous, for example mine is broken right now, while other are working)

Does anyone have the i7 7500u CPU friend kext? or CPU management profile or does anyone have the same machine as me:
Dell XPS 13 9360.
QHD touch
16gb RAM
512 gb Hynix
How's your power consumption? Mine's Idle:
Power: PKG= 1.91, Core 0.09, Dram 0.66 in watts.
Frequency: Core 0.70, GFX 0.00
Temp: 46.00
Utilization: 1.00

How's your usage?

By the way! Thanks to DarkVoid's repo! great work!

Since I'm using it for ios development... I would avoid it. Latest iOS version needs latest Xcode version, which needs latest macOS version... Which means you need to constantly update your hackintosh (and updating hackintosh can be dangerous, for example mine is broken right now, while other are working)
He's right. Just buy a macbook air I believe they're on sale right now sub 1k

He's right. Just buy a macbook air I believe they're on sale right now sub 1k

There are some great deals right now. I bought 2 x 2015 macbook airs (8GB/256GB) from NewEgg in the last 3 weeks for $569 each but i also bought a 1 year warranty with it. They used to be owned by salesforce.com. Called "grade b" but both are like new with less than 100 cycles on the batteries. There is no difference between these and the 2017 macbook air so they should be good for AT LEAST 3 more years

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834098650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back