Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem that IOGraphicsFamily is crashing.

To be sure, disable BrcmPatchRAM, SMC sensors and WhateverGreen

Are there any major benefits with OpenCore right now? My system is running stable so far and with Hackintoshs I really learned the "Never change a running system" phrase... :D

Are there any major benefits with OpenCore right now? My system is running stable so far and with Hackintoshs I really learned the "Never change a running system" phrase... :D

Personally I am quite impressed with how stable OpenCore 0.1 is. But you are right, Clover works just as well at this stage. Let's keep an eye on how either develops. The advantage of OpenCore is that it is a new clean EFI bootloader from scratch, while Clover has significant legacy attached.

As for staying on Clover because it works, sure, I don't plan to drop Clover support at all.

I removed the WhateverGreen.kext from my CLOVER\kexts\Other path on my USB and booted but I get the same output. I don't have the other kexts there. Perhaps there is something I'm missing here. My configuration uses the i7-7500u. I also left the default kexts in place when I made my Clover USB. I simply just overwrote what was there with your clover folder, and then also moved the files form the root kexts folder into the Clover\kexts\Other path as well. I followed the video guide here to configure my USB.

Personally I am quite impressed with how stable OpenCore 0.1 is. But you are right, Clover works just as well at this stage. Let's keep an eye on how either develops. The advantage of OpenCore is that it is a new clean EFI bootloader from scratch, while Clover has significant legacy attached.

As for staying on Clover because it works, sure, I don't plan to drop Clover support at all.

The OpenCore manual looks pretty nice, too. There is a lot of accumulated knowledge in there. https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/raw/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf

One thing that's weird is that the repository on github has pull requests (a handful have now been merged) but not issues.

I removed the WhateverGreen.kext from my CLOVER\kexts\Other path on my USB and booted but I get the same output. I don't have the other kexts there. Perhaps there is something I'm missing here. My configuration uses the i7-7500u. I also left the default kexts in place when I made my Clover USB. I simply just overwrote what was there with your clover folder, and then also moved the files form the root kexts folder into the Clover\kexts\Other path as well. I followed the video guide here to configure my USB.

Please share your trouble-shooting files as per Rehabman's troubleshooting thread.

Hello guys, I'm new at hackintosh. I have a xps 13 9360 and everything works fine. I choose not to swap my WLAN Card. Now I have a USB adapter from TP-Link. Now the Problem is, I can't install/use a certificate for my University Network like Telekom CA2. If I try to install the certificate I got a "WLAN Payload" Error and can't install a profile. Maybe it's because that I have to use a Wireless Utility App for my WLAN connection and not the native Mac Network Connection.

Anybody a idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance

If I disable whatevergreen I get about 4 minutes of "Hash data from ME never returned" (attached) and it eventually boots into the system but with a whole lot of screwed up colors. Tried the latest official whatevergreen.kext as well.

I can also boot without whatevergreen and add "-disablegfxfirmware" which gets rid of the screwed colors but I end up without GPU acceleration, right?

Attachments

• 20190514_205535.jpg
    20190514_205535.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm new at hackintosh. I have a xps 13 9360 and everything works fine. I choose not to swap my WLAN Card. Now I have a USB adapter from TP-Link. Now the Problem is, I can't install/use a certificate for my University Network like Telekom CA2. If I try to install the certificate I got a "WLAN Payload" Error and can't install a profile. Maybe it's because that I have to use a Wireless Utility App for my WLAN connection and not the native Mac Network Connection.

Anybody a idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance
WPA-EAP might simply not be supported on your USB Wifi dongle. Check the specifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back