Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I have the i7-8550 variant, is it possible to hackintosh without hardware alterations? I know it might sound like a dumb question but please bear with me as I am new to this and only have experience in android modding. TIA

Hello guys, I have the i7-8550 variant, is it possible to hackintosh without hardware alterations? I know it might sound like a dumb question but please bear with me as I am new to this and only have experience in android modding. TIA
The only required hw mod is changing the network card (you need to buy a dw1560). Anyway you can just use an external wireless adapter, so hw mod is not mandatory

The only required hw mod is changing the network card (you need to buy a dw1560). Anyway you can just use an external wireless adapter, so hw mod is not mandatory
In the OP it says need to change ssd as well and I can happily get an external wireless adapter if thats the only requirement.
could you please link me to final installation instructions as I found the OP a bit confusing, thanks

In the OP it says need to change ssd as well and I can happily get an external wireless adapter if thats the only requirement.
could you please link me to final installation instructions as I found the OP a bit confusing, thanks
The most complete/easy/straightforward tutorial is this one from @markperez1904 just check the video description since there are a lot of additional info

thanks a lot bro, could you also help me to get an external wifi card like which one to get?
If you plan to keep macOS as your daily driver I would highly recommend to change your WIFI card to a DW1560. They are only 25€ on eBay and the exchange takes not more than 20min. It makes the experience much better and you will have Airdrop and Continuity!

@the-darkvoid The newest build now works absolutely perfect on my i7-7500 with a custom CPUFriend.
Could you add an option to customize the bootchime, maybe add a pointer to a simple .ogg or .wav file that we can swap?

Thanks for your work!
Ho Killuminati91
I also have a 7500u. Can you please share your custom CPUFriend?
Thx

@jkbuha: can you tell me how I get the right values for CPU undervolting for my specific machine. In the initial thread it is written:
Remember, these values work for my specific machine, but might cause any other laptop to fail to boot!
I am having the same CPU installed on a XPS9370 as @bozma88. Will this values fit for me?

Last edited:
A little bit off as I am running 10.14.4 on XPS 9370.
The internal camera is not working. It is shown as a USB Device in System Information -> USB
Code:
Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Product ID:    0x58f4
  Vendor ID:    0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

I have modified your UVC2FaceTimeHD.kext by adding a new device with the above mentioned values converted to decimal.
Code:
 IDproduct: 22772
 IDvendor :    3034

Now the camera is recognized as:

Code:
Integrated_Webcam_HD:

Product ID:    0x8600
  Vendor ID:    0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
  Version:    80.25
  Serial Number:    200901010001
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    CN0FFMHCLOG0089DB2D2A01
  Location ID:    0x14200000 / 3
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    500
  Extra Operating Current (mA):    0
  Built-In:    Yes

But the camera is not recognized by any app.
Do you have any suggestion. Thanks in advance!

@jkbuha: can you tell me how I get the right values for CPU undervolting for my specific machine. In the initial thread it is written:
Remember, these values work for my specific machine, but might cause any other laptop to fail to boot!
I am having the same CPU installed on a XPS9370 as @bozma88. Will this values fit for me?

With my i7-8550U i can undervolt CPU and GPU by about 100mV, but this will almost definitely vary across different CPUs, even ones with the same specification. Experiment with 5mV steps, that way if something goes wrong you can reboot and adjust accordingly. Alternatively use VoltageShift; its values dont persist across reboots so if something goes wrong and the laptop crashes you're back to default voltage on next boot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back