Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.14.4, unfortunately the Touchpad isn't working anymore. I tried to update the VoodooI2c kexts and cleared the kextcache, but no luck.

I inject every kext via clover except the Brcm ones, as this is recommended by the thread owner and several other people (and everything worked flawlessly on 14.3).

Does anyone have the same issue or a solution? Would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I will have to reinstall 10.14.3 tomorrow evening, as I didn't do a full backup...

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it by force-loading the IOGraphicsFamily kext via the config.plist.

Attachments

• debug_29172.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 192
  • Clover.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Hi!
I've read all your guide but I see a couple of potential issues which I'd prefer to discuss.

I have the XPS 9360 with Killer wifi (that I would prefer not to swap) and Toshiba NVME. I'd like to install a dual boot configuration with Windows 10 and OS X, preferentially preserving the original Windows 10 installation. Is it possible to adapt your installation guide to a dual boot installation ? Or it is better to install os x to an external USB drive?

Thanks for your answer
Killer WiFi does not work due to absence of drivers. You can leave it inside and use an external (USB) WiFi module.

Regarding the dual boot, there are some guides on the forum about partitioning the disk to work with Windows, but I’ve always preferred to leave those on separate drives to avoid problems.

First of all, thanks @the-darkvoid for your awesome work, to keep the git-repo up-to-date. Since I've installed macOS on my xps 13 9360 I've several times updated to the newer Versions/kexts flawlessly. Love it.
(I'm not allowed to send private messages due to my low reputation)

One quick question:
Has anyone managed to disable the startup-chime? Mine is playing on every start at like 300% volume, which is unacceptable in university/public in general. I've already tried several appstore-apps and the "sudo nvram SystemAudioVolume=%80" command.

First of all, thanks @the-darkvoid for your awesome work, to keep the git-repo up-to-date. Since I've installed macOS on my xps 13 9360 I've several times updated to the newer Versions/kexts flawlessly. Love it.
(I'm not allowed to send private messages due to my low reputation)

One quick question:
Has anyone managed to disable the startup-chime? Mine is playing on every start at like 300% volume, which is unacceptable in university/public in general. I've already tried several appstore-apps and the "sudo nvram SystemAudioVolume=%80" command.
you can remove AudioDxe-64 from drivers64UEFI

One quick question:
To disable the boot chime sound at boot, only delete the "BootChimeDxe.efi" file from the "drivers64UEFI" folder (I've tested it, and the sound is gone).

Hi all... apologies for the downtime. Been working on other (non-Dell related) projects atm, as my github can attest...

Bios version 2.11 was released today, with the following changes:

Fixes & Enhancements
Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with Secure Boot Option ROM Signature Verification.
- Firmware updates to address security advisory INTEL-SA-00185 (CVE-2018-12188 CVE-2018-12190 CVE-2018-12191 CVE-2018-12192 CVE-2018-12199 CVE-2018-12198 CVE-2018-12200 CVE-2018-12187 CVE-2018-12196 CVE-2018-12185).
- Firmware updates to address security advisories INTEL-SA-00191(CVE-2018-12201, CVE-2018- 12202, CVE-2018-12203).
- Fixes the issue where the mouse lags when the Dell TB16 dock is unplugged or plugged in.

Unsure what all the security advisories are, but did have an issue with the TB16 dock, so will test at some point in the coming days to determine what has changed.

Updated to 10.14.4, unfortunately the Touchpad isn't working anymore. I tried to update the VoodooI2c kexts and cleared the kextcache, but no luck.

I inject every kext via clover except the Brcm ones, as this is recommended by the thread owner and several other people (and everything worked flawlessly on 14.3).

Does anyone have the same issue or a solution? Would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I will have to reinstall 10.14.3 tomorrow evening, as I didn't do a full backup...

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it by force-loading the IOGraphicsFamily kext via the config.plist.
Can you explain how to force IOGraphicsFamily? I'd like to update to the last macos in order to develop with latest xcode (damn apple, that's crazy)

After each update, you have to rebuild the kernel cache in order for the touchpad to work.
Just ensure you rebuild the kernel cache using kext utility or other tools.

Can you explain how to force IOGraphicsFamily? I'd like to update to the last macos in order to develop with latest xcode (damn apple, that's crazy)
Open your config.plist, navigate to Kernel and Kext patches and add the following line under the submenu "ForceKextsToLoad": \System\Library\Extensions\IOGraphicsFamily.kext

Solved it for me.

After each update, you have to rebuild the kernel cache in order for the touchpad to work.
Just ensure you rebuild the kernel cache using kext utility or other tools.
Was the first thing I did ofc, didn't help in my case. I only used sudo kextcache -I / tho, maybe that was my error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back