Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a while spent digging in this thread I'm rather positive about purchasing this Dell XPS9360. The only thing I'm still evaluating is if there is the possibility to change the keyboard, has anyone tried to do it?

@the-darkvoid The newest build now works absolutely perfect on my i7-7500 with a custom CPUFriend.
Could you add an option to customize the bootchime, maybe add a pointer to a simple .ogg or .wav file that we can swap?

Thanks for your work!

If you could share your custom CPUFriend, I'll make it available for others in the repository.
Regarding the bootchime, I'm waiting for the functionality to stabilize in Clover.

When using the Clover native audio method, the results are varying and it does not work properly always.
Additionally the sound will not play during the Apple logo, but rather block the loading before.

Did anyone find a fix for the audio cutting out? Happens to me regular after going from AC to battery power. Restart fixes it, im using the ALCID=56 and ComboJack. ID 11 made the problems worse. Thanks!

Did anyone find a fix for the audio cutting out? Happens to me regular after going from AC to battery power. Restart fixes it, im using the ALCID=56 and ComboJack. ID 11 made the problems worse. Thanks!

Hi there, I didn't seem to have that problem when I was using layout-ID 11. However, it gives me loud pops when the amp powers off. Currently I'm using 13.

@the-darkvoid , which layout-id gives a fully functional feature on your headset? Iirc, you mentioned that you're using a wired QC35s and it's functioning properly. I couldn't seem to find the one that works on my hack.

These are the layout-ids that i used and its behaviour when a headset is plugged in (tested using samsung headset):
  • 11 & 13: headphone + line-in (headset mic doesn't pickup input)
  • 56: headphone + internal-mic
Or are these the expected behaviour? Thanks man

Anyone else having a problem with the trackpad just stopping randomly, requiring a reboot? Is there some configuration of the VoodooI2C kext that addresses this issue?
I also have/had the problem of the trackpad not working when installing OSX, but after running through the steps to configure and reload the kext cache, it would work on boot, and post-sleep, etc. Now, it's randomly stopping, requiring a reboot.
Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue as it is still happening to me from time to time. No real specific cause. I've also noticed (perhaps anecdotally) that the trackpad will start to act up in other ways in that it becomes less responsive, and otherwise more flaky. Any similar stories?

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue as it is still happening to me from time to time. No real specific cause. I've also noticed (perhaps anecdotally) that the trackpad will start to act up in other ways in that it becomes less responsive, and otherwise more flaky. Any similar stories?

Did you already delete the ACPI Battery Manager kext? After the deletion all problems were fixed, apparently it uses the same bus as the trackpad.

@the-darkvoid I attached my CPU Friend kexts for the i5 7200u with fixed frequency tables allowing throttling to 0,6 GHz. Would be helpful if you attach it to your repo for future i5 users. Thanks a lot for your work!

Attachments

• I5_7200U CPU Friend kext.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 194
@the-darkvoid I attached my CPU Friend kexts for the i5 7200u with fixed frequency tables allowing throttling to 0,6 GHz. Would be helpful if you attach it to your repo for future i5 users. Thanks a lot for your work!
Which modification have you applied? Only the idle freq described in this thread (from 1.3 to 0.5/6)?

Did you already delete the ACPI Battery Manager kext? After the deletion all problems were fixed, apparently it uses the same bus as the trackpad.
Yeah, I just checked my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions folders and did not see that kext there. I've definitely rebuilt the cache since.
Here are the kexts I have in use:
> ls -atr1 /Library/Extensions
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
ArcMSR.kext
HighPointRR.kext
ACS6x.kext
SoftRAID.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
EnergyDriver.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

ls -atr1 /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
WhateverGreen.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VerbStub.kext
UVC2FaceTimeHD.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
Lilu.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

I'm on a recent version of DarkVoid's repo, but not the latest. I'm on ALC 1.3.4, and Lilu 1.3.1, while the latest is 1.3.5 and 1.3.4 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back