Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, speaking about battery life/performance... How much does your battery last? I'm on i5 7200u, 8gb ram and my battery barely reaches 3 hours streaming videos (I use it on AC for work but usually on battery for watching video, so it's not something really important)

Thanks to @the-darkvoid and @markperez1904 I got my xps 13 up and running. However, every time I restart the machine, I get a kernel panic warning after the login screen. There was no kernel panic however, where is this error coming from? Furthermore, the trackpad still jumps around quite often - I guess this is expected behaviour with the i2C kext. I attached my debug files, would be glad if someone could have a look. Cheers!

Edit 1: Fixed the touchpad by deleting APCIBatteryManger.kext as stated by the-darkvoid a couple pages back. Still getting the kernel panic error at every startup, though there is no kernel panic I can see as everything starts up fine

Attachments

• debug_29007.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 151
  • Clover.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Anyone managed to get the bluetooth working correctly? And if yes, how?

I think the majority of us do have it working. Do you have BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext installed? What is your wifi card?

More info always helps towards a solution...

I'm also wondering about this. What's ur bt behaviour, @Ocytoxin ? Because mine isn't working properly as well. I can use it for airdrop (it's detected by other airdrop enabled devices, and able to transfer data), but not for pairing with peripherals like a bt headset or mouse.

I think the majority of us do have it working. Do you have BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext installed? What is your wifi card?

More info always helps towards a solution...

In my case, i do have these two kexts inside clover's kexts/other folder, and I'm using DW1560.

I'm also wondering about this. What's ur bt behaviour, @Ocytoxin ? Because mine isn't working properly as well. I can use it for airdrop (it's detected by other airdrop enabled devices, and able to transfer data), but not for pairing with peripherals like a bt headset or mouse.

In my case, i do have these two kexts inside clover's kexts/other folder, and I'm using DW1560.
BrcmFirmwareRepo must be putted inside LE, not EFI. If you want to use EFI you must use BrcmFirmwareData. Never use both, only Repo OR Data. Info are available in the birtbucket repo (rehabman)

BrcmFirmwareRepo must be putted inside LE, not EFI. If you want to use EFI you must use BrcmFirmwareData. Never use both, only Repo OR Data. Info are available in the birtbucket repo (rehabman)

My bad. I'm using the BrcmFrimwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext inside EFI

My bad. I'm using the BrcmFrimwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext inside EFI
I suggest you to use Repo instead of Data and put eveything (even BrcmPatchRAM2.kext) inside /L/E. Based on rehabman bitbucket this is more memory efficent. Maybe it can help you fixing your problem (I have DW1560 too and I can pair bt headphones without any issue). I followed this video from a user in this thread, check if you've done something different maybe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back