Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkVoid - thank you for all your hard work. I've used your repo and am on Mojave. I am finding that the battery % on the menu bar is about 5% off from what I calculate from the system report. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

The new WD Black (with the new Western Digital designed controller) works pretty well and supports 4K sectors.
I use the 1TB model which has a model number of WDS100T2X0C.

Thanks for the reply. I have one on the way; should be arriving Thursday.

Hey guys, does a non-apple headset combo (headphone and mic) have a working headset mic on this hack? Thinking about getting one, but thought I'd confirm it it with everyone first. Thank you

That's a nice writeup @markperez1904. Just don't forget to modify the frequencyVectors according to your machine's CPU inside the ..../X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/(Your Board-ID) =)
And that’s the point where I stuck. How to generate the correct frequency vector payload? Can this be done using Piker‘s freqVectorsEdit.sh? Otherwise the power management uses the wrong frequencies for the cpu (f.e. 7200U as there is no any suitable plist for this CPU).

Anyone else having a problem with the trackpad just stopping randomly, requiring a reboot? Is there some configuration of the VoodooI2C kext that addresses this issue?
I also have/had the problem of the trackpad not working when installing OSX, but after running through the steps to configure and reload the kext cache, it would work on boot, and post-sleep, etc. Now, it's randomly stopping, requiring a reboot.

And that’s the point where I stuck. How to generate the correct frequency vector payload? Can this be done using Piker‘s freqVectorsEdit.sh? Otherwise the power management uses the wrong frequencies for the cpu (f.e. 7200U as there is no any suitable plist for this CPU).

Ahh, yes yes. You need modify the frequency vectors of the .plist file of your board id. Open that .plist using Xcode, and then under FrequencyVectors, modify the entry according to your needs. In my case of using Macbookpro 14,1 I changed the 0d to 04 under the FrequencyVectors. See this post

So is it only me having the brightness controls not working? And if not, any easy workarounds?

I find out the headphone jack will not give any output if I insert a Apple headphone with mic in it.
I used to have it work. What would possibly go wrong?

@Ocytoxin,

Rebuild your kernel cache.
@the-darkvoid

First, thank you for your answer!

I tried, but it doesnt change anything.

Here is the output i get :

mbp-de-loic:~ lobo$ sudo kextcache -i /
Password:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f858a81a6f0 [0x7fffa60fd8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
KernelCache ID: 54FA3CC2817C148F8C96BCE870D18012
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f90dedfb950 [0x7fffa60fd8f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }

I have no idea how to fix kenel dependencies, should I look into it? Or is it likely to be related to something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back