Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally working. I had to install colver update on the EFI partition. Thanks

I think I understand your problem now.
You were booting from /EFI/BOOTX64.EFI, which was an old Clover instance.
The repo assumes you are booting from /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI, I'll update the documentation for others.

MacBookPro15,2. It is the closest match to the i7-8550u processor. You can stay on MacBookPro14,2 should you prefer so. But ensure your CPUFriendDataProvider is matching the motherboard ID for the MacBookPro14,2 otherwise you might get weird results.

Speaking of models, I've got one of the 9360s with an i7-7560U. Which model would be appropriate for this CPU?

I feel really stupid asking this, but how would I generate a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for my CPU mentioned above? (i7-7560U)

The plist files in the directory that CPUFriend asks for only go up to MacBookPro8,3. Is there something I'm missing?

I feel really stupid asking this, but how would I generate a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext for my CPU mentioned above? (i7-7560U)

The plist files in the directory that CPUFriend asks for only go up to MacBookPro8,3. Is there something I'm missing?
Are you checking inside ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext? You should check inside X86PlatformPlugin.kext (mentioned in the CPUFriend instructions here)

Are you checking inside ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext? You should check inside X86PlatformPlugin.kext (mentioned in the CPUFriend instructions here)

Yes, but the relevant part of the readme that confuses me is as follows:

• file should be a complete plist from /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources or /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources with certain modifications (Otherwise why do you even need CPUFriend?) instead of something like a raw FrequencyVectors entry.

Doesn't that imply that if you use X86PlatformPlugin, the plist must also be modified?

Yes, but the relevant part of the readme that confuses me is as follows:

Doesn't that imply that if you use X86PlatformPlugin, the plist must also be modified?
Yes. You should pick the correct one for your cpu/gpu (from the X86PlatformPlugin folder) then open it with xcode and modify it as needed. Check older posts for an example (some page ago, can't check it out now, less than 10 pages for sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back