Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like macOS is trying to load firmware into your internal GPU. WhateverGreen.kext is supposed to prevent this.
Double check if your kexts are installed correctly in Clover.

Yeah everything is good. My setup works 100% on 10.13. I'm having these issues with 10.14

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
I'm testing with updated I2C patches as follows

Thanks. I updated my patches, and it does fix the issue with that SSDT. I haven't noticed any different fan behavior though. Same for you? I suspect it may have to do with the variable CTYP, which appears to control whether active cooling is used.

I'm actually on FakeSMC now, because of an issue with slow boots using VirtualSMC. So maybe at some point I'll also install that SMM kext to try out.

@the-darkvoid I saw that you changed the MacBook model to 15,5 in your config.plist. Does this introduce problems or major benefits for i7200U users? Otherwise I have to stick with your old config and Macbook 14,4 profile...

0x4DE -> 00 (was already set)
0x64D -> 01 (changed)
0x64E -> 01 (changed)

VoltageShift values:
-(any number) -(any number) -75 (max before freeze)
No improvement/change in GeekBench scores.

In other words, it appears the BIOS modifications did not unlock undervolt capabilities. No change in results from prior to changing the BIOS.

@jkbuha any thoughts on this and where to go from here? Thanks.

@the-darkvoid I saw that you changed the MacBook model to 15,5 in your config.plist. Does this introduce problems or major benefits for i7200U users? Otherwise I have to stick with your old config and Macbook 14,4 profile...

MacBookPro15,2. It is the closest match to the i7-8550u processor. You can stay on MacBookPro14,2 should you prefer so. But ensure your CPUFriendDataProvider is matching the motherboard ID for the MacBookPro14,2 otherwise you might get weird results.

@the-darkvoid But the same setup works on 10.13. Have even clone your new files from your repo but I'm getting the same issues.

@jkbuha any thoughts on this and where to go from here? Thanks.

I had reached the optimum undervolting settings through trial and error, but all via UEFI shell as I was working across 3 different OSes. Suggest you do the same. The first post contains the variables that need to be undervolted (a bit outdated now, but still relevant). I wouldn't trust voltageshift because it will only work on what the MSR registers report, which I suspect is locked at a BIOS level unless the overclocking settings are enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back