Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took all the kext from the first post, so that means they are not updated. Even the config.plist is from the first post. That means all the stuff from the first post are screwed up (?)

It just means post #1 is not up-to-date with respect to current best practices.

Yes I have prepared a fully unlocked BIOS as well. Until very recently I couldn't flash it back due to verified boot, but we've now uncovered a way to do so - though for now you will need a hardware programmer (and patience).

I will reach out to you shortly when I have a software method to flash this back safely.

Awesome can't wait. Bumping up the memory speed might be a particularly useful possibility.

Hey guys, on Mojave 10.14.2 running i5-7200u on MacbookPro 14,1, using intel power gadget, the lowest freq. that i can get is 1.3GHz on idle. Is this the expected behaviour?

I've tried adding CPUFriend.kext as well as the generated CPUFriendDataProvider.kext (after modifying the frequency according to my config inside the X86PlatformPlugin of IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext) into my Clover/kexts/others folder, but seems to make no difference in terms of the CPU frequency.

I have the problem reporting files attached, just in case. Thankyou

Attachments

• didii_debug.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 82
@jkbuha: Yesterday my XPS 9360 stopped giving any display (only backlight working), external monitor worked fine.
After opening it up and fiddling with the display cable the display came back with signal distortion, some more fiddling made it work fine.

Replacement cables seem to be available on AliExpress for a reasonable price.

I can see the service manual covers loosening the display cable from the mainboard side, have you come across any information or have experience with how to open the display shell in order to replace the cable inside the display?

That happened to me on an earlier XPS 15. The service manual at the time was quite explicit about the sensitivity of the display cable and how to replace it without compromising the backlit panel.

The 9360 has a few niggling issues in this regard. The service manual (found here in case anyone needs it) is not clear on how to open the display clamshell, but I found a few videos on parts-people on how this can be safely removed.

Has anyone had a problem with the screen's hinge? It became loose last year and I made Dell fix it (well, the 'technician' replaced the whole screen instead of fixing the hinge) and now the problem has recurred, but now the laptop is out of warranty... sigh...

Tips? (slightly off-topic, but oh well)

Hey guys,

Trying to install Mojave, getting into the installer. However I'm getting a strange error I never have seen before. I'm Using Darkvoid's Clover settings and already patched the DVMT etc. I attached the error in the image.

Any idea what is causing this?

Nevermind fixed

Change aptiomemoryfix to osxaptiofix2drv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Ahhh to bad :O
Where the connectors on card damaged ?
If so you have to check if the laptop wifi/bt cable connectors are bended and if then try to repair using some very strong glasses ;)
and a very small tweezers

An update - Replaced DW1560 with another, and Bluetooth works.

No physical damage to the "broken" card, so it must've been a defective one.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on tonymacx86

I created a video walkthrough on configuring macOS Mojave on the laptop:

I am having only one issue: How to I make sleep functionality work?

When I configure the Library Kexts from darkvoid's folder, it makes the laptop
unable to sleep and wake up. Without those kexts, the laptop can sleep (but I prefer having Bluetooth enabled).

Attachments

• debug_files.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Is anyone having issues with bluetooth pairing using darkvoid's base config on Mojave 10.14.2 ? My laptop can't seem to detect any bluetooth devices, but it is detectable by others. When being paired using other devices, the connection drops out after a couple of seconds. Weird thing is that Airdrop works just fine.

Attachments

• didii_debug.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back