Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a bricked DW 1560 ?
I´m using that and it works on my XPS 9350
Have you checked that the very small connectors are correctly attached ?
It`s not easy to do that, you have to be very careful.You can brick the antennacable connectors if you try to force them

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No BT controller on the USB bus. Perhaps you failed to enable it in BIOS, or forgot to disable fast boot, or the hardware you have installed is defective (test in Windows), or your USB configuration is wrong.

Update: Bluetooth does not show up in Ubuntu live USB, therefore card is bricked. Have another one on the way.

I'm guessing I was too wordy, so TLDR; version is this: I have a clean install of Mojave, on an XPS 9360 with i7-8550, 8GB RAM, and FHD screen. Cannot get I2C kext to allow proper trackpad usage; specifically right click is inoperable, although works fine under Windows 10. Have a clone of Dark-Void's repository with only minor config.plist edits related to boot order and unique SystemID.

Any help would be invaluable, I've spent many hours on this.
There's a bug in VoodooI2C that prevents right click from working (even when you set secondary click to right click in SysPrefs).
You may set it to 2F tap.

BTW, FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext may be replaced with AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

I2C configuration.

How are you all configuring the trackpad CP to have full functionality using the I2C kext? Smart zoom, zoom in and out, rotate, ...all of it. Thanks much!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ra-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141

Ok I used search funktion and searched for VoltageShift and back in 240`s in this thread I found some conversation between you and TheDarkvoid where he's claiming that its not working due to something about setup_var unlocking overclock.
That´s bull "excuse me" not true
I can assure you that its working.

But the issue about not working after wake from sleep is not documented by other than me as far as I know

For voltage settings to persist across cold boot (S5) and wake (S3) you need to enable these options in BIOS using setup_var (or the custom bios I am building at the moment, to be released soon). Otherwise settings will only persist in runtime if you use voltageshift. This is not an OS-specific condition, it is a run-time variable that gets reset if the undervolt & overclock variables are not set.

Last edited:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ra-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141

For voltage settings to persist across cold boot (S5) and wake (S3) you need to enable these options in BIOS using setup_var (or the custom bios I am building at the moment, to be released soon). Otherwise settings will only persist in runtime if you use voltageshift. This is not an OS-specific condition, it is a run-time variable that gets reset if the undervolt & overclock variables are not set.
That sounds really strange to me cause it is really working no matter if it´s a cold boot/reboot/wake from sleep.
Without undervolt the voltage to cpu is idle about 0.6300 but as you can se here:

Skærmbillede 2018-12-12 kl. 15.35.53.png
Undervolt about 0.5400 no matter boot/reboot/wake

Also running CleanMyMac 4.1 without uv temperature peak at 92 degrees with uv 77
My overall temp.is also lower and about 15% better battery life.
????

Last edited:
Strange. On my rig you need to set the correct voltages at BIOS (EFI) level, on voltageshift they only persist during the session and are reset on reboot/wake.

Strange. On my rig you need to set the correct voltages at BIOS (EFI) level, on voltageshift they only persist during the session and are reset on reboot/wake.
Not strange at all.
After applying sudo ./voltageshift buildlaunchd -XXX -XX -XXX 0 0 0 1
Voltage shift will be launched after every boot/reboot
and the last digit "1" will scheduled check the settings every 1 min. and amend if needed. (after wake from sleep)

ah that explains then - voltageshift only persists with a daemon.
thanks for pointing this out.

Guys with i7-8550, could you please post your geekbench 4 results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back