Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuild Kext cache and restart.
sudo kextcache -i /

I have run that before & after restart, no change.

Check if its enabled in bios

It is enabled in BIOS. I have WiFi, but no Bluetooth showing up.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I used gen_debug to create that zip on the previous page. Are you able to tell me what is missing from it?

Last edited:
I can't figure out why Bluetooth isn't working on my XPS13 9360.

I've uploaded debug zip. Any help would be appreciated!

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No BT controller on the USB bus. Perhaps you failed to enable it in BIOS, or forgot to disable fast boot, or the hardware you have installed is defective (test in Windows), or your USB configuration is wrong.

I'm guessing I was too wordy, so TLDR; version is this: I have a clean install of Mojave, on an XPS 9360 with i7-8550, 8GB RAM, and FHD screen. Cannot get I2C kext to allow proper trackpad usage; specifically right click is inoperable, although works fine under Windows 10. Have a clone of Dark-Void's repository with only minor config.plist edits related to boot order and unique SystemID.

Any help would be invaluable, I've spent many hours on this.

So, I've followed silently for some time. Have the latest bios (2.10), Latest Mojave update, in a completely fresh install. My system is quite similar to Dark-Void (only 8GB ram and FHD screen are differences). Trackpad works perfectly in Windows 10, but on Macintosh partition the I2C kext seems to be giving me problems; I can't right-click, whether by two-finger method or bottom right, preference pane seems to have no effect. Gestures don't work either. Just basic mouse movement and single-click. I've dug through the I2C troubleshooting thread, and I've concluded I don't have any GPIO pinning issues that I can tell based on IOReg and the system log of Voodoo-related entries.

Log showed "[SSCN / FGCN] not implemented in ACPI tables", which I understood to be not a concern.

Only VoodooI2ControllerDriver entry that stumped me was, "Warning: Error getting bus config, using defaults where necessary"

I have nearly stock Clover installation from Dark-Void's repository. Only config.plist differences are System Serial/Board ID, choice of default booting volume, enabling the hiding of legacy windows boot entries, and adjusting the RAM entries. On the MacOS side, the only L/E kexts added are the two Brcm*, CodecCommander, and AppleHDA_ALC256, accomplished via Dark-Void's script (Sound / Bluetooth / Wireless are working properly). I am using the provided CPUFriend additions in the Clover Kexts/Other folder as I have the matching i7-8550 CPU they meant to use.

One note: I did have a LOT of trouble getting the Gen_Debug to let me save IORegExplorer output in the /var/root/Desktop folder, no permissions to save to root-only folder, had to manually add permissions in Finder during script execution, but I finally got that accomplished, and I should have a complete debug file for any willing helpers to view.

Attachments

• debug_8362.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 61
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ra-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141

This is documented elsewhere in this topic and on the forum. There are some cases where state S3 resets watchdog and some of the run-time EFI variables, hence why you see reversion on wakeup.

The best method is to run stability tests with voltageshift and apply the optimal voltage settings to EFI. Once this is done you'll have permanent undervolting across all OSes.
Ok I used search funktion and searched for VoltageShift and back in 240`s in this thread I found some conversation between you and TheDarkvoid where he's claiming that its not working due to something about setup_var unlocking overclock.
That´s bull "excuse me" not true
I can assure you that its working.But you have to use a sysdef that support HWP and in config.plist enable Plugintype and HWP
I use MB 9,1 and its working flawlessly
I also made a CPUFriendDataProvider.kext using the Board-ID plist ( Mac-9AE82516C7C6B903.plist) (MB 9,1) and copied that together with CpuFriend.kext to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other where Lilu.kext is located to

But the issue about not working after wake from sleep is not documented by other than me as far as I know

BTW i don´t want Windoze on my laptop. I have it on my main rig because I´m doing a lot off support/troubleshooting to Windows users.
Mostly backup essential files an a fresh install
Going Bald´s guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/
is outdated according to dual boot on a single HD Mojave
check this:https://hackintoshpro.com/dual-boot-hackintosh/

Last edited:
I tried adding more kexts to L/E, but to no avail. Is there a list of kexts I need in L/E that shouldn't be in Clover? I followed the guides instructions for the L/E kexts.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Cant update from 10.14 to 10.14.2, I dont know what is causing this problem; appleACPICPU stalls.
Only happens once I have to reboot into "Mojave Install", I can still boot the normal mac partition.
Attached my Clover folder, problem report files and a screenshot.

Edit: Turns out I just had to let it run for 20min and it finally booted into the update installer.

Attachments

• 20181209_184313.jpg
    20181209_184313.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • debug_26723.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Cant update from 10.14 to 10.14.2, I dont know what is causing this problem; appleACPICPU stalls.
Only happens once I have to reboot into "Mojave Install", I can still boot the normal mac partition.
Attached my Clover folder, problem report files and a screenshot.

Edit: Turns out I just had to let it run for 20min and it finally booted into the update installer.

You're missing important kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
One example is AppleBacklightFixup.kext... it is not in kexts/Other, but yet you have PNLF from SSDT-PNLF.aml.
This will lead to awkward black screens during system updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back