Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Seems like a few people update to Mojave. What's the best way to update? I am on High Sierra, should I go through the App Store or better to install using USB Key EFI?

Thanks

Successfully moved to

1. @jkbuha - you was right about DVMT value, THANKS! without increasing the value Mojave KPs on startup (IntelFrameBuffer) - High Sierra works fine with 0x02 value, but Mojave fails without 0x04

2. Problem with stuck on ++++++ on startup, i don't know whats was wrong and i think it's related to loading from USB SSD

@jkbuha - what is your current value for undervoltage? I have tried values from 0x32 to 0x64 and didn't find any stable value to prevent KP's on startup

Last edited:
I do have some problems while using the trackpad and the keyboard simultaneously. The keyboard blocks the trackpad input for about a second after a key got pressed or released. I attached my problem reporting files.
I am on 10.14.1 using a Crucial MX500 SATA SSD, on a XPS 13 9360 i7-7500u with UHD screen and 16GB memory.

Edit: Former I had some erratic trackpad problems, I solved them by using an older ACPIBatteryManager.

Attachments

• debug_28577.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 53
You using I2C in polling mode or interrupt mode?

How can we tell which method we're using?
Seems like the issues some of us are facing with the newer versions of ACPIBatteryManager are because we're using one method not the other?

Is it because of a different _BIF?

No idea. No details provided.

Fair enough. Here are the standard reporting files.
Just to pre-empt; most of my custom kexts are in the kexts/Other folder not L/E. They work well, as does the system.

The only issue I have is that the latter two builds of ACPIBM are causing VoodooI2C to move the pointer erratically. It could be related to the logged issue on github relating to change in _BIF.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 65
Fair enough. Here are the standard reporting files.
Just to pre-empt; most of my custom kexts are in the kexts/Other folder not L/E. They work well, as does the system.

The only issue I have is that the latter two builds of ACPIBM are causing VoodooI2C to move the pointer erratically. It could be related to the logged issue on github relating to change in _BIF.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Didn't realise that an automated tool existed. Wasn't there 'in my time'...

Here you go...

Attachments

• debug_18251.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back