Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, my trackpad ceased functioning properly... *sigh*
I have no clue at all why it stopped working. I moved my kexts to /S/L/E as recommended by @RehabMan in his thread. Did I carry out something goofy in the process?

Does it function as it should in Windows? I’d check this first to rule out a hardware issue.

Does it function as it should in Windows? I’d check this first to rule out a hardware issue.

Definitely not a hardware related issue. It works on Windows.

As per FAQ, all kexts you need should be installed to /L/E (on 10.11 and later), not /S/L/E.
Read here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I thought /S/L/E is pretty much the same as /L/E ? I migrated the kexts to /L/E, still the same behavior (aka not working).

Attachments

• debug_15874.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 192
@jkbuha thanks for sharing your config. as I have the same processor, I’m using your native Power Management solution. What battery life do you get approx?
Mine seems very low compared to Windows...(unfortunately..)

you need to have your laptop specs in your hardware profile (as per rules)
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've added it, I thought I did before but I was wrong.

A side note to my previous post: in one of the comments the-darkvoid said that the layout that had to be used with the custom HDA was 2, while in the GitHub page it's been said to use layout 1. I've tried both in the config and the result is the same (not working). However, I'm not sure if there is another variable which is prioritised in another file

Last edited:
Sorry, my fault again. Here are the files.

Regarding the sleeping problem, it only occurs if I close the lid. I've left it sleeping for a couple of hours and it worked nicely, but as soon as I closed it I wasn't able to wake it up correctly. Still no clues about the audio problem. Thanks for the help in advance

Attachments

• debug_18865.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 186
Sorry, my fault again. Here are the files.

Regarding the sleeping problem, it only occurs if I close the lid. I've left it sleeping for a couple of hours and it worked nicely, but as soon as I closed it I wasn't able to wake it up correctly. Still no clues about the audio problem. Thanks for the help in advance

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Didn't check anything else.

@jkbuha thanks for sharing your config. as I have the same processor, I’m using your native Power Management solution. What battery life do you get approx?
Mine seems very low compared to Windows...(unfortunately..)

I get slightly better results under macOS than Windows, ie 5-6h vs 4-5h with approx 80% usable capacity, on similar CPU usage.
If anything I think my macOS setup is more optimised, as the fan under windows is almost always on (kaspersky takes no prisoners) and I have a few critical processes that aren't necessary in macOS.

Might be worth running a full process dump. When originally getting the i7-7500U to run properly (and decided that native was better than HWP overall) I had used PikerAlpha's tools to debug CPU and MSR states just to ensure the states were optimised. These tools and Activity Monitor / htop have been indispensible.

Hey everyone,
As you might have noticed, the speakers on the Dell XPS 13 sound very flat and tinny. In Windows this is corrected by software. Consequently, I did some research and found a great free equalizer app called eqMac2. You can find it here. I've attached a screenshot of my configuration. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the equalizer file itself for later upload.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 10.09.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 10.09.12 AM.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back