Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

Thank you for checking it.

Is this line indicate that the kext was not installed correctly ?
Code:
IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.

How about those "Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed ......" lines ?

All kexts are copy from @the-darkvoid 's config to /L/E and run "sudo kextcache -i /" after that.

Last night I thought I will reinstall those kexts this morning , but bluetooth and airdrop just work again magically , weird.

And now only one problem trouble me, the system can't wake up from sleeping. It display a apple logo and a progress bar, just hang there. Or some time just black screen. How can I fix that ?

Attachments

• IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
Maybe I use a wrong DisplayProductID-1449 file and after I remove it, wake after sleep works.

Thank you for checking it.

Is this line indicate that the kext was not installed correctly ?
Code:
IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.

How about those "Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed ......" lines ?

All kexts are copy from @the-darkvoid 's config to /L/E and run "sudo kextcache -i /" after that.

Last night I thought I will reinstall those kexts this morning , but bluetooth and airdrop just work again magically , weird.

And now only one problem trouble me, the system can't wake up from sleeping. It display a apple logo and a progress bar, just hang there. Or some time just black screen. How can I fix that ?

Any change requires new PR files.
None attached.

Checked my DVMT-prealloc and noticed that it was set to 32mb again. Changed that to 64mb through the shell again and decided to update my whole build.
Using the latest Darkvoid files (removed whatevergreen.kext, CPUFriend.kext's since I have the i7-7500u 1080p laptop) I run into a kernelpanic right at the start of the loading bar.
When booting in verbose mode I can however easily boot into OSX. Would appreciate some help, problem files attached.

On another note: DisplayBrightness keys are not working.

Attachments

• ProblemReportingKILLU.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 205
Has anyone tinkered with using 2 extended moniters with this setup? I was looking to get two 24" monitors for my desk, but from what I am reading about availible usb-c -> 2 HDMI adaptors is that they can only mirror the displays due to macOS. Here is the adaptor I was looking at . I really want a way for this to work and i'm sure that one of you have gotten it working

Checked my DVMT-prealloc and noticed that it was set to 32mb again. Changed that to 64mb through the shell again and decided to update my whole build.
Using the latest Darkvoid files (removed whatevergreen.kext, CPUFriend.kext's since I have the i7-7500u 1080p laptop) I run into a kernelpanic right at the start of the loading bar.
When booting in verbose mode I can however easily boot into OSX. Would appreciate some help, problem files attached.

On another note: DisplayBrightness keys are not working.

No KP attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks for the quick answer rehab, attached all problem reporting files, generated by the script.

Darkvoids guide states that ONLY BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, ALC265 and CodecCommander should be installed to Library/Extensions. Everything else should be loaded by Clover. Not quite sure if I should go with that.

Edit: Thanks for making it clear guys! Installing all kexts to /L/E/ fixed the kernel panic.

Attachments

• debug_4388.zip
    3 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick answer rehab, attached all problem reporting files, generated by the script.

Darkvoids guide states that ONLY BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, ALC265 and CodecCommander should be installed to Library/Extensions. Everything else should be loaded by Clover. Not quite sure if I should go with that.
all kexts including FakeSMC should be installed to /Library/Extensions

all kexts including FakeSMC should be installed to /Library/Extensions

I tried that, but if I move FakeSMC to /L/E (and update the kext cache), I get a kernel panic. If I moved everything from darkvoid's Clover folder to /L/E, I get kernel panic too.

Is there a reason why moving the kext file to L/E causes problems?

I tried that, but if I move FakeSMC to /L/E (and update the kext cache), I get a kernel panic. If I moved everything from darkvoid's Clover folder to /L/E, I get kernel panic too.

Is there a reason why moving the kext file to L/E causes problems?
what kernel panic do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back