Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have another dumb question and i cant seem to find the answers on here. So i made the bootsbke usb drive i installed 10.13.6 with the darkvoid clover file. Now im in the operating system and i make a clover bootloader for my hardrive and switch out the cloverfile with the one from darkvoid. Idk if this is the right procedure because i try to reboot and boot from the ssd and it enters into a kernal panic. And i have to restart all over. Is this caused because i dont install the proper kext before rebooting or is it something to do with the clover bootloader that i made? I just made a standard uefi clover booloader and i also tried the nvram one but neirher worked. Sorry im such a noob at this. This is barely my second day trying this

Ok i have another dumb question and i cant seem to find the answers on here. So i made the bootsbke usb drive i installed 10.13.6 with the darkvoid clover file. Now im in the operating system and i make a clover bootloader for my hardrive and switch out the cloverfile with the one from darkvoid. Idk if this is the right procedure because i try to reboot and boot from the ssd and it enters into a kernal panic. And i have to restart all over. Is this caused because i dont install the proper kext before rebooting or is it something to do with the clover bootloader that i made? I just made a standard uefi clover booloader and i also tried the nvram one but neirher worked. Sorry im such a noob at this. This is barely my second day trying this

No one can help you when you fail to attach problem reporting files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ. Please do so before your next reply.

Bought this exact laptop, 9360 (i5 8250, QHD Touch). The hackinstosh made me bite the bullet. After reading page 5 or 6 where someone asked if it could be used as a daily driver with hackintosh and you said no, unless you're a programmer. Do you think now it can be a reliable daily hackintosh?

Bought it to use at university but have until September to get everything working without issues.

Bought this exact laptop, 9360 (i5 8250, QHD Touch). The hackinstosh made me bite the bullet. After reading page 5 or 6 where someone asked if it could be used as a daily driver with hackintosh and you said no, unless you're a programmer. Do you think now it can be a reliable daily hackintosh?

Bought it to use at university but have until September to get everything working without issues.

This was a long time ago, I use my XPS as a daily driver, works perfect, I study something with engineering so I mainly use it for Matlab and Simulink. Works fine, if you study something with media design I would buy an external usb mouse, because the trackpad is not perfect, for normal usage it is fine :)

Using darkvoids repo I have the Mojave Beta running perfectly. Only thing I had to replace was the IGPU.aml with config.plist injection.

On another Note: Anyone running dualboot with Windows 10? I get constant lockups / freezes while running Windows 10 on battery with the latest windows updates enabled. Its basicly unusable, have to hold power and hardreset every time this happens.

Edit: Okay it seems to be related to the broadcom DW1560. Swapped that back and Windows doesnt freeze anymore. Weird but offtopic anyway

Last edited:
This was a long time ago, I use my XPS as a daily driver, works perfect, I study something with engineering so I mainly use it for Matlab and Simulink. Works fine, if you study something with media design I would buy an external usb mouse, because the trackpad is not perfect, for normal usage it is fine :)
Yep, definitely usable as a daily driver.
The only problem I have now, is that the battery life is still less than what I get in Windows.
Cpu package wattage keeps at 1.9W lowest when idle.

Yep, definitely usable as a daily driver.
The only problem I have now, is that the battery life is still less than what I get in Windows.
Cpu package wattage keeps at 1.9W lowest when idle.

yep, idle power consumption on windows can drop to about 2-3W on Windows vs. 5-7W on macOS (for me personally, i7 8500U, stock toshiba NVMe SSD, card reader disabled).

Can anyone with an optimal setup with power management for the SSD and optimal CPU power management report their power consumption windows vs os x? (i used AIDA on windows to find out power consumption in W)

Is there an alternative for the BCM94352Z? Since it crashes Windows for me I would like to purchase another card instead of sitting on two if my current one is not faulty.

Edit: Ok, did some research. The BCM94350ZAE, DW-1820A should work out of the box, is that right?

Last edited:
Is there an alternative for the BCM94352Z? Since it crashes Windows for me I would like to purchase another card instead of sitting on two if my current one is not faulty.

Edit: Ok, did some research. The BCM94350ZAE, DW-1820A should work out of the box, is that right?
nope, DW-1830 only with special windows drivers. But you''l have to deal with bluetooth issues across reboots through various OS. DW-1820A have only BT working natively under macOS.

I guess you mean leave it where the script puts it (/L/E)? Just ran the script again with the original installed AppleHDA.kext reinstalled in /S/L/E. I'll update the kext cache and reboot twice and see how it goes.....

Ok, rebooted twice and no audio. Then removed codeccommander and then rebooted twice. Still not audio.

Attached is the patched injector kext.
Did you ever get your system working with the audio? I am about where you left off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back