Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I've managed to boot with Clover, get video and HDA working but I'm now struggling with USB3 connect/disconnect, USB3-> external Video, Sleep, Volume and Brightness OSD which are all related to ACPI patches if I understand correctly. I'm trying to follow the guides using MaciASL but this becomes a bit obscure for me...
Can someone help me build the ACPIs patches for my config. I'm attaching my DSDT.aml file which has been retreived with Clover.
I've also noticed that the following USB ports are used
HS01 (right USB)
HS05 (webcam)
HSP2 (left USB)
HSP3 (Bluetooth)
TBL3 I think this is the UBS C port

thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    150 KB · Views: 130
I've swapped the Network Card to the DW1560, but I don't have Bluetooth, Mac OS does not recognise the bluetooth function, only wifi. Do I need a Kext to activate the Bluetooth function?

Did you find the solution to your Bluetooth issue? I just installed the same card.

Did you find the solution to your Bluetooth issue? I just installed the same card.
I have the same card. Some days I have bluetooth.. Others not so much. No rhyme or reason to it as rebuilding kext cache, reboots etc do not fix. Today is a bluetooth day.. so that is nice. :)

Hi
I've now disassembled my DSDT using the guides but I'm getting an error when I compile.
Is there any way to fix the problem?
thanks

20329, 6152, Illegal recursive call to method that creates named objectsIllegal recursive call to method that creates named objects (XTBT)

ADBG ("TBT-HP-Handler")
ADBG ("PEG WorkAround")
PGWA (Arg0)
Acquire (OSUM, 0xFFFF)
Store (TBFF (Arg0), Local1)
If (LEqual (Local1, One))
{
Sleep (0x10)
Release (OSUM)
ADBG ("OS_Up_Received")
If (LAnd (LEqual (DPTF, One), LEqual (DDDR, One)))
{
If (LEqual (_REV, 0x05))
{
Return (Zero)
}

XTBT (TBSE, CPGN)
}

Return (Zero)
}

Was the Pre-Configuration you did just referring to the BIOS settings? I have the same specs as you (but Hynix SSD, formatted to 4k sector size), also using the the-darkvoid's files, but my power management doesn't seem to be working properly.

Did you install the-darkvoid's kext's to your system drive?

I've mounted the EFI-Partition, installed Clover, and then replaced the "Clover" Folder on the EFI partition with the Clover Folder from the GitHub Repo from the dark void, I've also installed all Kexts from the Folder with the Kext-Utility to the system drive. Maybe not the best solution but it works for me and at the moment I don't have the time to completely understand these clover magic, the last hackintosh that I build before this Dell-Project was 10.6 or 10.7 and the bootloaders at this time were not so powerful :D

Also I've found a safer way to under-volt my CPU/GPU on the MacOS Level and not on the bios level:
This guide works pretty good on my XPS 13 8th Gen, also the risk of bricking the system is greatly reduced :D

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331775-guide-how-to-undervolt-your-haswell-and-above-cpu/
(This method could also used to find the stable parameters for the bios method)

I think the power Management on the 8th Gen chips does not work perfectly now. The idle frequency in Mac OS is always 1.3 GHz and the CPU consumes around 1.5-2 Watt of energy, under windows and linux the idle frequency is 0.8 GHz and the CPU with a power consumption around 0.8 Watt. With better powermanagement it should be possible to save one more watt in idle...

I've followed the general laptop guide to enable Bluetooth, it mostly works, but luckily I don't need it :D

Excellent find - VoltageShift is a safer (non-permanent) way to test UV settings. It correctly lists the already-undervolted components and provides a continuous monitoring option

I've also found another component to undervolt (Analog I/O) which seems to be working well (though unsure what the real-world difference will be). Still, every little (undervolting) helps....

I've mounted the EFI-Partition, installed Clover, and then replaced the "Clover" Folder on the EFI partition with the Clover Folder from the GitHub Repo from the dark void, I've also installed all Kexts from the Folder with the Kext-Utility to the system drive. Maybe not the best solution but it works for me and at the moment I don't have the time to completely understand these clover magic, the last hackintosh that I build before this Dell-Project was 10.6 or 10.7 and the bootloaders at this time were not so powerful :D

Also I've found a safer way to under-volt my CPU/GPU on the MacOS Level and not on the bios level:
This guide works pretty good on my XPS 13 8th Gen, also the risk of bricking the system is greatly reduced :D

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331775-guide-how-to-undervolt-your-haswell-and-above-cpu/
(This method could also used to find the stable parameters for the bios method)

I think the power Management on the 8th Gen chips does not work perfectly now. The idle frequency in Mac OS is always 1.3 GHz and the CPU consumes around 1.5-2 Watt of energy, under windows and linux the idle frequency is 0.8 GHz and the CPU with a power consumption around 0.8 Watt. With better powermanagement it should be possible to save one more watt in idle...

I've followed the general laptop guide to enable Bluetooth, it mostly works, but luckily I don't need it :D

Thanks, I've pretty much done the same thing, but no matter what, I can't get the kexts to install correctly in the system drive, either via kext utility or manually via terminal, I still get "Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed...." when rebuilding the cache.

Thanks, I've pretty much done the same thing, but no matter what, I can't get the kexts to install correctly in the system drive, either via kext utility or manually via terminal, I still get "Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed...." when rebuilding the cache.
thats normal

thats normal

Good to know. Thanks.

Also, after a fresh install, the first boot seems to have proper power management, but on successive boots, it idles at around 3.5 GHz! Any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_28731.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
Replace the complete Clover Folder with the Clover Folder from the darkvoid... you still have some other entries in the ACPI Folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back