Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am able to reproduce your Overheating and high cpu condition, but only after wake from sleep. If I do a fresh reboot it is fine until I put the system to sleep. Did you run your benchmarks on a clean boot or after it had been put to sleep?

So I am able to reproduce your Overheating and high cpu condition, but only after wake from sleep. If I do a fresh reboot it is fine until I put the system to sleep. Did you run your benchmarks on a clean boot or after it had been put to sleep?

Clean boot.

Sorry, I need a little hand holding. I deleted all of the kexts I installed in /Library/Extensions then sudo kextcache -i / Then reinstalled them, adding FakeSMC.kext but I am still seeing the same output from sudo kextcache -i /

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_19299.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
Hi
I've managed to install High Sierra on my XPS 9360 and finally got video working.
For some reason, I'm struggling with HDA. Can someone take a look at my Clover folder and bootlog? I have no audio at all
Help highly appreciated. this is a great forum!
thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 71
  • bootlog.txt
    39.1 KB · Views: 152
Hi
I've managed to install High Sierra on my XPS 9360 and finally got video working.
For some reason, I'm struggling with HDA. Can someone take a look at my Clover folder and bootlog? I have no audio at all
Help highly appreciated. this is a great forum!
thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hey,
This week I've set up my XPS 9360R with HS, love this machine. I have the i7 8550u Processor, 16GB Ram with the QHD Touch Screen. I used the files from @the-darkvoid and the Pre-Configuration from this post. (NVME SSD is SANDISK A400) I've read that some people with the QHD Screen had problem with there battery life. I've deactivated the Touchfunction of the screen in the Bios settings and my laptop consumes around 6 - 7 Watt energy in idle. With activated touch screen, my computer consumes 7-8 Watt in Idle... (Measured with Coconut Battery)

I've swapped the Network Card to the DW1560, but I don't have Bluetooth, Mac OS does not recognise the bluetooth function, only wifi. Do I need a Kext to activate the Bluetooth function?

Hey,
This week I've set up my XPS 9360R with HS, love this machine. I have the i7 8550u Processor, 16GB Ram with the QHD Touch Screen. I used the files from @the-darkvoid and the Pre-Configuration from this post. (NVME SSD is SANDISK A400) I've read that some people with the QHD Screen had problem with there battery life. I've deactivated the Touchfunction of the screen in the Bios settings and my laptop consumes around 6 - 7 Watt energy in idle. With activated touch screen, my computer consumes 7-8 Watt in Idle... (Measured with Coconut Battery)

I've swapped the Network Card to the DW1560, but I don't have Bluetooth, Mac OS does not recognise the bluetooth function, only wifi. Do I need a Kext to activate the Bluetooth function?
faq has info on settings:

Hey,

Was the Pre-Configuration you did just referring to the BIOS settings? I have the same specs as you (but Hynix SSD, formatted to 4k sector size), also using the the-darkvoid's files, but my power management doesn't seem to be working properly.

Did you install the-darkvoid's kext's to your system drive?

I seem to have fixed something up. I reinstalled the OS (over the top of the existing OS, not a reformat) looks like power management is working better at least. Frequency actually can get under 2.0 and temp idles around 50C now.

But I still can get the kexts to install properly to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. When I do, I'm still getting "Kext with invalid signatured (-67050) allowed:...." from kextcache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back