Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you using the excellent VoodooI2C kext but have experienced frustration at the over-sensitivity of the touchpad, alexandre's latest git commits fix most of the issues. You'll need to build the binaries yourselves as they're not yet readily available, and **spoiler alert** the amount of third-party dependencies you need to install to get this to compile is astounding, but it's very much worth it in the end.

On a related note, if someone has played about with the settings and found optimal settings with this touchpad (esp. palm detect, driving me nuts) please get in touch.

The main gripe about this i2c driver is the inability to disable touchpad input in a way similar to how VoodooPS2 does.
With proper palm detect functionality, this would not be an issue...

Yes, same for me. Updated without issue !

Just updated with the most recent security update with no problems too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Kind of an esoteric request/question: How do we enable the touchscreen such that it lets MacOS know there's a tablet attached? When first installing, I noticed the Ink app in the settings menu. After the post-install, it disappeared. I tried opening the app, but it says something along the lines of needing a tablet. To be clear, my touchscreen works fine. It's just that the OS doesn't know there's a touch input device.

Hi guys. For all egpu enthusiasts: there is a script to enable egpu functionality in Mac os.
https://github.com/learex/macOS-eGPU

It is still in pre alpha but I just would share it here because some people did ask about epgu usage.

Kind of an esoteric request/question: How do we enable the touchscreen such that it lets MacOS know there's a tablet attached? When first installing, I noticed the Ink app in the settings menu. After the post-install, it disappeared. I tried opening the app, but it says something along the lines of needing a tablet. To be clear, my touchscreen works fine. It's just that the OS doesn't know there's a touch input device.

I found this to activate the app and the systems preferences menu. I haven't messed around with though to get pen/handwriting input to work. I'll try to figure out something in a couple weeks when I have time. Getting busy for the next 2 weeks or so.

https://eternalstorms.wordpress.com...m-preferences-pane-without-a-graphics-tablet/

In case the site goes down:

1. In Finder, navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras
  2. Double-click onto Ink.menu

I recently set up my xps with a fresh install of High Sierra using darkvoids files.
Everything is running fine except power management / audio drivers. My CPU usage is around 55 percent all the time with the audio drivers installed.
Sound is working fine so far. If I delete AppleAlc.kext CPU idles at around 0-2%. I also tried to manually patch audio via darkvoids script (patch hda) - but result is the same.
In Activity Monitor the task is named "kernel_task". I searched this thread already and found two other guys with the same problem but found no solution so far.

Please have a look at the attached Problem Reporting Files. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_6988.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Is anyone here experiencing flaky WiFi with the 9360 on sleep resume? I'm not sure if it's an issue with the brcm firmware upload or something to do with the S3-S5 state settings...

Hey everyone, my XPS just decided to update automatically... I’m running Sierra and it installed the security update. The problem is that I’m stuck with a Kernel Panic after selecting my disk I Clover. I traced down the problem to Lilu.kext which wasn’t updated. I wanted to try updating it manually (or removing it to avoid the KP and then reinstalling it) but I can’t find the kext. I’ve looked in /System/Library/Extensions and in /Library/Extensions and I even launched the find command in /, hoping it would have found it eventually after scanning the whole disk, but no luck. Any suggestion on how to solve this problem? Is there any way to prevent clover from loading that specific kext? I’ve tried booting with the option of not loading injected kext, that avoids the KP but the system can’t boot correctly (it shows a symbol after the loading bar)

Is anyone here experiencing flaky WiFi with the 9360 on sleep resume? I'm not sure if it's an issue with the brcm firmware upload or something to do with the S3-S5 state settings...

Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back