Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, it seems the engineers might have accomplished their job and genuinely locked down the system. The best avenue might be to try and get someone at dell to share a developer's BIOS.

@bozma88, that splitter is listed as using MST (Multi-Stream Transport). Though it would work on Windows, macOS does not support MST, so I don't think it would fulfill the requirement.

Thank you for the clarification, I'll edit my post!

@bozma88 you are right regarding the Dodocool supporting 4K@30Hz (and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been traveling). Btw for folks wanting to use DisplayLink to drive a 2nd monitor, please bear in mind that the 10.3.4 update is not fully compatible with the DisplayLink driver, so you might want to wait until the driver is updated

@the-darkvoid is there any possibility to get back the "switch off touchpad with the print key" with your wonderful GitHub guide, like it was with @bozma88 ´s. That would be awesome.
Thank you.
Edit: Seems that this feature comes from the RM VodooPS2Controller.

Last edited:
Hi bozma88, I tried installing hackintosh on my XPS 9360 recently using entirely the Clover config of darkvoid's repo (and the BIOS options suggested in this thread), and everything works well except the following.

With only istat-menu running, it recorded a 10~12 watts power consumption on my XPS 9360, which means only ~5 hours of battery life when idle. Is it normal? If not, what should I do to investigate/solve this issue? Thanks.

XPS 9360
i7-8550U @ 1.3GHz when idle, istat-menu reported the CPU package consumes about 2~4 watts
UHD 620
QHD+ Screen (1600x900 HiDPI)
macOS 10.13.4

Both of the following command returns "1", seems XNU PM is running.
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

Hi All,

I am up and running on 10.13.4 using @the_darkvoid's files. I purchase a Dell 4k monitor (u2718q) and a Plugable USB-C > DP cable (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EXKDRAC/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20) which supports "DisplayPort Alternate Mode".

However, when I plug in the monitor I am not able to get anything on screen.

- Double checked that I correctly selected "DP" as input source
- Tried with hotplugging
- Tried with it plugged in from powered off

Interestingly when I get into System Preferences > Displays, the u2718q does show up as a second display, however no signal appears to be getting through.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
  • debug_32651.zip
    3 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi All,

I am up and running on 10.13.4 using @the_darkvoid's files. I purchase a Dell 4k monitor (u2718q) and a Plugable USB-C > DP cable (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01EXKDRAC/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20) which supports "DisplayPort Alternate Mode".

However, when I plug in the monitor I am not able to get anything on screen.

- Double checked that I correctly selected "DP" as input source
- Tried with hotplugging
- Tried with it plugged in from powered off

Interestingly when I get into System Preferences > Displays, the u2718q does show up as a second display, however no signal appears to be getting through.

Any ideas?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I've tried again multiple times, and one time it actually booted from being powered off perfectly with screen mirroring enabled. I disabled mirroring after logging in and it continued to work fine, but after reboot it hasn't worked again since.

Here is another set of problem reporting files, this time the cable was plugged in at the clover screen.

Attachments

• debug_18242.zip
    3 MB · Views: 93
Hi bozma88, I tried installing hackintosh on my XPS 9360 recently using entirely the Clover config of darkvoid's repo (and the BIOS options suggested in this thread), and everything works well except the following.

With only istat-menu running, it recorded a 10~12 watts power consumption on my XPS 9360, which means only ~5 hours of battery life when idle. Is it normal? If not, what should I do to investigate/solve this issue? Thanks.

XPS 9360
i7-8550U @ 1.3GHz when idle, istat-menu reported the CPU package consumes about 2~4 watts
UHD 620
QHD+ Screen (1600x900 HiDPI)
macOS 10.13.4

Both of the following command returns "1", seems XNU PM is running.
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode
sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

Same config, same power consumption.
Probably the QHD+ and touchscreen or the disk which one do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back